News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Displaying Speacial Charctors

Started by aw06, May 14, 2007, 12:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Displaying spacial charactors  in 1.1.2

allot of my users had special charactors in there didplay name, i upgraded from 1.1 RC2 to 1.1.2 and there names are all screwd .. is there a fix ????
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

Basically in the forum

..:: ÇÄRLÌP0ÕH ::..

Looks like

??rL????h

and you get an error when trying to change your display name to it
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

aw06

aw06

Get this error when trying to save a display name with speacial charactors..

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like'
File: /home/adrianw/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 899

aw06

This is not good at all, no support on a support fourm  :'(

Croco

I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

aw06

Croco

what character set do you use ?

give me a link to your forum or send it by pm
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

Quote from: Croco on May 19, 2007, 04:40:51 PM
what character set do you use ?

give me a link to your forum or send it by pm

This is it

http://jagdyb.com/

Croco

what collations do you use in your database ?

open your database with phpmyadmin and see your database
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

Quote from: Croco on May 19, 2007, 05:04:36 PM
what collations do you use in your database ?

open your database with phpmyadmin and see your database

latin1_swedish_ci

Croco

and all tables in your database have the same collation ?
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

Croco

what mods are installed in your forum ?
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

None, just that theme u see me using ...

Croco

did you tried to replace the forum/Sources/Subs-Members.php file ?
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

Quote from: Croco on May 19, 2007, 05:56:28 PM
did you tried to replace the forum/Sources/Subs-Members.php file ?

Nope, and i figure that is the prob .. how do i fix ?

Croco

download a fresh copy of the forum then upload only the Subs-Members.php to its path and replace the old one
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com

New plans coming soon

Docs
Search

aw06

Quote from: Croco on May 19, 2007, 06:01:04 PM
download a fresh copy of the forum then upload only the Subs-Members.php to its path and replace the old one

Where do i find subs-members.php again ???

Advertisement: