News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.19 Released

Started by Sesquipedalian, December 21, 2021, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sternenfee

i've want to install to bplaced - php 8.1 - when i go to install.php  there is an error
 Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function fsockopen() in /users/*/www/install.php:216 Stack trace: #0 /users/*/www/install.php(100): initialize_inputs() #1 {main} thrown in /users/*/www/install.php on line 216

please help me to fix it.

Thank you

Shambles

QuoteFinally, as always, please do not use this topic for support requests. You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board

Sternenfee

sorry, i move it to the support

Steve

Sometimes I feel like a lot of people don't read the first post. All they see is the topic title and click reply ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

shadav

might be best on these types of announcements just to close them to replies 🤷�♀️

Steve

Arantor

This was suggested many times in the past and shot down.

Kindred

Because making am announcement and locking itvus not condussive to the feeling of community
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Also, sometimes the comments we get are actually useful information like pointing out mistakes we've made :P
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

christal64

Quote from: el-brujo on December 29, 2021, 05:31:27 PMHello,

There's an error doing the upgrade (large) process (upgrade.php)

On Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

<?php
// Version: 2.0.18; index

Change for

<?php
// Version: 2.0.19; index

because:

$temp = substr(@implode('', @file($modSettings['theme_dir'] . '/languages/index.' . $upcontext['language'] . '.php')), 0, 4096);
preg_match('~(?://|/\*)\s*Version:\s+(.+?);\s*index(?:[\s]{2}|\*/)~i', $temp, $match);

Thank you!

Thank you el-brujo. Double thank you for Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen and the SMF team who allowed me to lead a forum since 2007.
Happy New Year to you

Sesquipedalian

Some users have reported problems running the large upgrade packages, with error messages about outdated language files. The large upgrade packages for 2.0.19 available at https://download.simplemachines.org have now been fixed to solve this problem.

If you have already successfully updated to 2.0.19, no further action is needed on your part.

If you previously had trouble running the large upgrade, please download a fresh copy from https://download.simplemachines.org and try again.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

info33

Hi!
Problem with new relase SMF 2019 after update i cant save database...

My SMF forum:
https://www.romaniafotovoltaice.com [nofollow]

Arantor

Please post this in the support board.

Kindred

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on December 21, 2021, 04:44:51 PMFinally, as always, please do not use this topic for support requests. You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the 2.0.x Support Board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jon_snow_pt

Hi!

This is great, I thought that there were no new version of the platform, glad that the team is still working on the project.

crazy_man

Nice!
I passed smoothly  ;)
Bir Damlasıyım Okyanusun...Ama Okyanusum. (I'm a Drop of the Ocean... But I'm the Ocean.)
Uyanan Gençlik
Arif Hocam

ZabiinoOo

congratulation the best team 8)

landyvlad

Quote from: Steve on December 30, 2021, 03:48:35 PMSometimes I feel like a lot of people don't read the first post. All they see is the topic title and click reply ...

Not sure of the history but this is why when 2.1.4 comes out it's important to have that VERY prominently in the announcement - if it's added in later fewer people will see it.  :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Steve

It is always in the initial release announcement and usually in big red letters. Still doesn't help.

Advertisement: