News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

e107

Started by Abedie, September 26, 2004, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abedie

Hi,

Beside some phpBB2- and Invisionboards, I have several e107 forums running around, waiting to get the spiritual freedom of a real forumscript (smf) ;).
Is there anybody that has a solution for converting it? (I did a search inhere and did not found e107, so thats why I ask here.)
I realy hope to got all forums converted to SMF and not to get disapointed like by Matt with Ikonboard and Invision (yepp, he did it twice!) or I eat my keyboard and stop this kind of work.
(Lets hope there will be a good small portal with a webpage builder, a simple menu and links too. I wish smf has the option to just put some normal html pages around it, to be seen just afther logging in. But this is off topic so I hope nobody has seen it ;)).

Greetings,
Abedie (founder of some freetime gobbeling charity's)

The list about Galery/CMS/Portal using SMF

A dark spot in the light is nearly seen, but a light in the darkness is seen miles away.
Try to be that light for others.

[Unknown]

Well, actually, there are indeed ways to add html pages with SMF... but... regardless....

Interesting.  Their forum looks a lot like phpBB to me... but it has a different database?  I think a converter is more than feasable...but I might want a database dump to make it with.

-[Unknown]

Abedie

Hi,

If I get my head back together tomorrow I will make one and send it to you're email.

Thanks for thinking about it,

Greetings,
Abedie

A dark spot in the light is nearly seen, but a light in the darkness is seen miles away.

Abedie

Hi,

I see that I have an to old version to be of use for you..
If you want I can setup a e107 and an smf forum on a subdir on one of my domains to test with rights for you.
Let me know, greetings
Abedie

[Unknown]

If you could give me phpMyAdmin access, it would be great..

-[Unknown]

Abedie

See you're email for details.

Abedie

Laurent73

New information about ????
I want to convert my e107 forum to SMF too !!!

S25

hey any news on this?I also wish to convert over to SMF (again :o )

Compuart

Quote from: S25 on October 29, 2005, 03:03:17 PM
hey any news on this?I also wish to convert over to SMF (again :o )
The converter has just been released and can be downloaded in this topic.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Advertisement: