Website Button

Started by jake1981, May 19, 2007, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

are you sure? it should be right down the bottom...

$txt['websiteButton_txt'] = 'Jades-World';
$txt['websiteButtonAlt_txt'] = 'The forums website'
;
?>

http://www.bartwebsites.com/forum/index.php?  ....i dont even see a website BUTTON lol

send me the file and ill take a look

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

romuba

Sorry, it is not that website. The one I am busy with is http://www.stmatthews.co.za/hp_smf/index.php
Ross Bartholomew
email: [email protected]
www.bartwebsites.com

Jade Elizabeth

okay well i see a button now ;)

send me the index.english.php file
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

romuba

I found the file eventually. I have been changing in the ModSettings.english.php file. I changed what I thought was the stuff in the index.english.php now but it just gave me errors.
I have attached it.
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

Jade Elizabeth

did you change the modsettings file back?

romuba

Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

Jade Elizabeth

yes, change it back to how it was before you put your website name in there!

Jade Elizabeth

romuba

I uploaded the file, refreshed and got this;

orum Website Homepage' ; ?>

at the top of the page and then the rest as before...
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

Jade Elizabeth

yeah...i see it...did you change the mod settings back to exactly how it was before you edited it??

$txt['websiteButton_title'] = 'Website';
$txt['websiteButton_url'] = 'Website URL';

try this file

romuba

Yes I had - your latest change has done it. Amazing how small things mess things up. Thank you very much for your help.
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

Jade Elizabeth

hey, i needed an ego fix ;)

naw kidding, i had to change it too....i couldnt handle "website" i HAD to have "jades-world" as per the name of my site :D

romuba

You have exceeded my expectation for a young girl. You have made me very happy - I also didn't find Website very inspiring.
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

rehan

hi..
i have installed it.. its appeating in admin panel too. but not on forum links
my theme is city scape.. any suggetions?

romuba

Have you read all the posts in this thread rehan - I had to do it with another website forum and when I followed all the info here I eventually managed to get it right. I found that the file to edit is the index.english.php found in the Language Folder of the Theme file. From what I have read I think that it actually only works with the Default Theme but I might be wrong on that.

At the bottom of this file you will find $txt['websiteButton_txt'] = 'Website';  Simply change the word Website to what you want.
e.g. $txt['websiteButton_txt'] = 'rehan';

I must admit that fiddling with php files is not easy when you don't know what you are doing, so be careful and make sure that you backup first.
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

rehan

thanks.. But my problem is not changing the webiste button text..
its just not appearing.. I can't see it in my forum navigation.. :)
Thats what i am asking about.. whichfiles i need to edit so it will show in the navigation bar...

romuba

On the first post - where the mod is linked to the following is stated:
QuoteLanguage support: yes, provided: english & finnish - Skin support: yes, provided: core/default, classic and babylon
Ross Bartholomew
www.bartwebsites.com

TrueSatan

@ rehan

Please consider using the search function before posting as this query is the most common one of all on all the mod topics and has been answered countless thousands of times.

Very few mods install into anything but the SMF default theme...this particular one handles two additional custom themes. For all other themes on almost all other mods you will have to perform manual installations into your chosen custom theme.

Jade Elizabeth

im curious...did you type all that out when you could have just linked him or do you have a javascript?

if you have the java shame on you, you could have made it longer and more annoying :P

rehan i had the same problem, put the right code in the board index template :)

rehan

right code.???
wat is this right code.../??

Advertisement: