News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Karma Applaud Only

Started by b0x, May 20, 2007, 09:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0x

Link to Mod

This mod will disable karma smites. After installation users will only be allowed to use applauds.

keyboard

What an excellent idea.....In my mind , the role of Karma is to motivate users ...and this will do it..

Thanks
Слaва
Украинi

b0x

No worries! I'm glad you like it.

franklinrony

good idea, but smites option  appears in pms how delete to smites  thanks for the mod
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

b0x

You're right frony, I forgot to remove the smite link in the personal messages. Eventhough the smite link doesn't work (the smite function has been disabled) it is an oversight on my end. Thanks for letting me know.

This has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

ishy

Excellent job.  I have members that want to use the karma mod, but I don't like the ability to take away points.  This is great!

keyboard

Quote from: CryoSphere on May 22, 2007, 06:50:28 AM
You're right frony, I forgot to remove the smite link in the personal messages. Eventhough the smite link doesn't work (the smite function has been disabled) it is an oversight on my end. Thanks for letting me know.

This has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

Can I just install 1.0.1  over the original Just like normal   or do I have to uninstall the original first?
Слaва
Украинi

b0x

@keyboard
You'll have to uninstall the old version before installing version 1.0.1.

@ishy
Thanks. Glad you like it!

franklinrony

thanks for the new version
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

b0x

qtime

just found out to fix this "problem" manually in the PersonalMessage.template.php and the Display.template.php files

b0x

qtime,

You'll also want to make some changes to Karma.php, otherwise your users will still be able to change an applaud link into a smite link.

qtime

ok thanks for the hint, but my members are not too smart... lol

~Unkn0wn~

b0x

Yes, the mod works on the latest version of SMF (1.1.2).

Although I haven't tested it on version 1.1.1 or 1.1, I am fairly confident it should work on those versions as well.

phpmycoder

thanks for the mod, brilliant idea! 'disable negativity in the community'  8)

qtime

another trick is to leave the bad karma description blanc , there will be no - karma button visible if there is not text in this field. But the best way is this mod off course :).

watt

b0x

No worries, glad you like it!

kill3r

been looking for a mod like this. thank you

Advertisement: