Karma Applaud Only

Started by b0x, May 20, 2007, 09:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0x

Link to Mod

This mod will disable karma smites. After installation users will only be allowed to use applauds.

keyboard

What an excellent idea.....In my mind , the role of Karma is to motivate users ...and this will do it..

Thanks
Слaва
Украинi

b0x

No worries! I'm glad you like it.

franklinrony

good idea, but smites option  appears in pms how delete to smites  thanks for the mod
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

b0x

You're right frony, I forgot to remove the smite link in the personal messages. Eventhough the smite link doesn't work (the smite function has been disabled) it is an oversight on my end. Thanks for letting me know.

This has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

ishy

Excellent job.  I have members that want to use the karma mod, but I don't like the ability to take away points.  This is great!

keyboard

Quote from: CryoSphere on May 22, 2007, 06:50:28 AM
You're right frony, I forgot to remove the smite link in the personal messages. Eventhough the smite link doesn't work (the smite function has been disabled) it is an oversight on my end. Thanks for letting me know.

This has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

Can I just install 1.0.1  over the original Just like normal   or do I have to uninstall the original first?
Слaва
Украинi

b0x

@keyboard
You'll have to uninstall the old version before installing version 1.0.1.

@ishy
Thanks. Glad you like it!

franklinrony

thanks for the new version
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

b0x

qtime

just found out to fix this "problem" manually in the PersonalMessage.template.php and the Display.template.php files

b0x

qtime,

You'll also want to make some changes to Karma.php, otherwise your users will still be able to change an applaud link into a smite link.

qtime

ok thanks for the hint, but my members are not too smart... lol

~Unkn0wn~

b0x

Yes, the mod works on the latest version of SMF (1.1.2).

Although I haven't tested it on version 1.1.1 or 1.1, I am fairly confident it should work on those versions as well.

phpmycoder

thanks for the mod, brilliant idea! 'disable negativity in the community'  8)

qtime

another trick is to leave the bad karma description blanc , there will be no - karma button visible if there is not text in this field. But the best way is this mod off course :).

watt

b0x

No worries, glad you like it!

kill3r

been looking for a mod like this. thank you

mrstime

Thank you!  Thank you!!  We have had some issues of people smiting others just to be mean but we like to have the exalt option there.  This fixed the problem! 

jatterb

Just to let you all know, you can disable Karma smites without having to install a module.

Go to Admin -> Features and Options -> Karma, erase the text found in the Karma Smite Label box, and then click the Save button. With this text box blank, there is nothing for the forum program to create a smite link with.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you'll also want to change the Karma Mode drop down box to "Enable karma total". After all, no sense in showing how many smites someone has gotten if you are going to disable the smites.

I did this when I first came on the forum I help run almost 2 years ago, and we haven't had any problems.

b0x

Although you can remove the smite link, it won't stop your users from changing an applaud link into a smite link manually. This mod removes the smite link and also disables the smite function. This stops your users from changing the applaud link into a smite link manually. If your solution works for you that is great, but for some forums that's simply not enough. Hence this module.

Johno69

Thanks for this mod.

I'd like to change it slightly if someone can help..

I'd like to make the karmaLabel the link to applaud and do away with the extra applaud + below the Karma label.

Which of the following code should I edit?

// Is karma display enabled?  Total or +/-?
if ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '1')
echo '
<br />
', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '<br />';
elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')
echo '
<br />
', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' +', $message['member']['karma']['good'], '/-', $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '<br />';

// Is this user allowed to modify this member's karma?
if ($message['member']['karma']['allow'])
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=applaud;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.' . $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaApplaudLabel'], '</a>
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=smite;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaSmiteLabel'], '</a><br />';

Thanks..

Johno69

Well actually what I did was this...

I took the advice of a member above and didn't fully install the mod, but manually made the change to Karma.php file as per the mod settings.

Then I removed the label for both the karma + and -.

next I edited Display.template.php

echo '
<br /> ', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], ' ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '<br />'; elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')

to:

echo '
<br />
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=applaud;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.' . $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaLabel'], '</a> ', $message['member']['karma']['good'] - $message['member']['karma']['bad'], '<br />';
elseif ($modSettings['karmaMode'] == '2')

b0x

Sorry mate, I only just read your post. Good to hear you got it working.

slackerpunk

anywan to disable both? I have the automatic karma mod installed and I use it for an event for my site and would really like to disable both applaud and smithe

b0x

If you only want to remove the links you can do that in the control panel without installing my mod. My mod also disables the smite function. I can change this mod to whatever you want, but I dont know if I undertand you correctly. Do you want both the applaud and smite functions to be disabled? Will the automatic karma mod still work if you do that, or does it use it's own functions?

Acans

installed without a problem, very nice mod.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

b0x

twon

Hello,
I just like to say i like this idea. Also, I installed the mod and it appeared to do nothing. I am running 1.1.6. It still shows the smite words. For the time being I just took it off by deleting the smite word. However, in the gaming community people will figure out they can smite someone.

Any help would be appreciated.

b0x

Hi twon,

Are you using the default theme?

b0x

That's the problem. This mod (like many other mods) also makes changes to some of the template files. Because you're not using the default template, the smite links are not removed. Although the smite links are still there, they will not work because the mod also disables the smite function.

If you let me know what theme you're using, I'll try to create a custom mod for you in the next week or so.

frenki

Can you update this for 2.0 ?

frenki

nm, little coding did the thing.

shroomAzoom

Frenki, care to share your modification? :)

Dr. Jay Sin

I'm also wondering if (how, apparently) this can be updated for use in 2.0.1.  I'm currently using 1.1.15, and am about to upgrade to 2.0.1.  I'm considering uninstalling and doing a fresh install of this wonderful mod using the parsing option from the mod.'s page (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=817).  Has anyone had success manually installing using the parse option for 2.0.1?

funkythemunky

I´d like to know as well... does it work automatically in 2.0.2 when I install the mod?

funkythemunky

Hey folks is there really no one out there who has this mod installed on 2.0.2 and could tell me if it works or what to do to make it work?

Padre gremista

Is possible, update for compatible with SMF 2.0.7 version?
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Padre gremista

NekoJonez

I have it working on 2.0.7 without any issues. :D
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Padre gremista

Quote from: NekoJonez on March 29, 2014, 01:48:14 PM
I have it working on 2.0.7 without any issues. :D

Here, happens 7 errors, before the installation.

NekoJonez

Could you please tell me which errors you have and the other mods you have installed?

Twitter
My Blog

Padre gremista

See the errors bellow in the annex.

Padre gremista

NekoJonez

Twitter
My Blog

Padre gremista

NekoJonez

Twitter
My Blog

Advertisement: