News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Skins and Shoutbox mod

Started by violindiva, September 28, 2004, 04:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

violindiva

I read the relatively simple instructions on unzipping and installing skins and when I followed it said installed but when I looked in the drop down list and also in the folder (via my ftp tool)...Nada zip zilch

The theme I was trying to install was Helios...

When I unzipped the tar I got an ordinary zip folder...

I unzipped that and ended up not with everything in ONE folder but a couple of folders and some loose components...'

Argh help me *tearing hair out* PLEASE  :-[

Also I want to install the shoutbox mod but cant work out how or find any instructions in the zip file??????

violindiva

Quote from: violindiva on September 28, 2004, 04:22:59 AM
I read the relatively simple instructions on unzipping and installing skins and when I followed it said installed but when I looked in the drop down list and also in the folder (via my ftp tool)...Nada zip zilch

The theme I was trying to install was Helios...

When I unzipped the tar I got an ordinary zip folder...

I unzipped that and ended up not with everything in ONE folder but a couple of folders and some loose components...'

Argh help me *tearing hair out* PLEASE  :-[

Also I want to install the shoutbox mod but cant work out how or find any instructions in the zip file??????

Well Ive sorted out my avatars problem and possibly the skins (so far so good fingers crossed) but I still need advice on installing the shoutbox

bloc

As far as the Helios theme goes you have to extract the folders and "loose components" :) into a theme folder you chave created. I did not put it in a "Helios" folder in order for people to put in a folder of their own choice...

violindiva

Sorry I should have added to my second post....I worked this out before you replied but forgot to mention it.I now am just grappling with the shoutbox problem.

For most of the life of my weblife Ive had Invisionboard and with that you upload the tar files to archive_in and then go to the admin section and install in a slightly different manner

Oldiesmann

The skins installer doesn't work quite right in RC1. The best way to install a skin in RC1 is to unzip everything to your computer, upload everything to a directory in Themes via FTP and then use the "install from a directory on the server" option. As for the shoutbox, did you put smfshout(); into index.template.php where you wanted it to appear?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

violindiva

Yes I worked out the alternative method for installing skins thankyou!!!

Also I read grudges instructions to someone. It sounds ridiculously easy...something about putting that code (and he gives a sample) in the template but he recommends you make a copy of the skin and try it on the copy

Do you have to do it on every skin you use because it isnt a feature in the original program you designed?

Advertisement: