News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Title and CatBG Help Needed

Started by ^Raven^, September 29, 2004, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

^Raven^

Okay I need some help with my template and I believe it is related to the title and catbg.  I have this graphic I want to be the background for certain sections as you can see by going to www.forum.warhammerforum.com.  You can see that I have http://content.warhammerforum.com/graphics/themes/grad.jpg as the background for title and catbg.  However, this doesn't put that graphic in for all the board titles.

I want that graphic to show where it says "Chromiates Wargaming Forums" right above the News.  I also want it to show where it says, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k, Other Gaming, Articles, Modeling, Discussion, and Defunct.

Oddly enough, the graphic shows where it says Administratum, Opponent Finder, Staff Talk, and Administrator Hideout.

Can someone direct me to how to accomplish putting http://content.warhammerforum.com/graphics/themes/grad.jpg into the background where it says "Chromiates Wargaming Forums" (ight above the News), Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k, Other Gaming, Articles, Modeling, Discussion, and Defunct?
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

The_Altered1

Quote from: ^Raven^ on September 29, 2004, 06:28:09 PM

Can someone direct me to how to accomplish putting http://content.warhammerforum.com/graphics/themes/grad.jpg [nofollow] into the background where it says "Chromiates Wargaming Forums" (ight above the News), Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40k, Other Gaming, Articles, Modeling, Discussion, and Defunct?

This is the navigation bar, and the table that contains that information does not have a class or ID assigned to it so you would have to create one for it. This is really easy to do, but I am afraid that you would have to do this in every template that uses the ', theme_linktree(), ' call. If you open up BoardIndex.template in an editor, you will see:

// Show some statistics next to the link tree if SP1 info is off.
echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td valign="bottom">', theme_linktree(), '</td>
<td align="right">';
if (!$settings['show_sp1_info'])
echo '
', $txt[19], ': ', $modSettings['memberCount'], ' &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt[95], ': ', $modSettings['totalMessages'], ': &nbsp;•&nbsp; ', $txt[64], ': ', $modSettings['totalTopics'], '
', ($settings['show_latest_member'] ? '<br />' . $txt[201] . ' <b>' . $context['latest_member']['link'] . '</b>' . $txt[581] : '');
echo '
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

You would need to add a class or id to the TD that contains "theme_linktree(), " or to the TR right above it fo a bg image. Then create the associated .css/stylesheet entry for the class or ID that you specified.
For a class element you would do something like this in the "style" file
.yournewclassname  { background-image: url(images/yourimagename.gif); }
For an ID element then you would do something like this in the style file:
#yournewidname  { background-image: url(images/yourimagename.gif); }

It might look complicated, but it really isn't once you get used to it.
Just repeating this in nearly every template can be tedious.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Advertisement: