News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Xoops Bridge Beta 2

Started by Orstio, May 27, 2007, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Please download it from the bridge downloads page:

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?bridges

Unzip it, and upload the "smf" folder to your Xoops modules folder.  Install it in your Xoops administration panel as you would any other module.

Then configure the module, and make sure that the bridge login block is visible, and the default Xoops login is not visible.

There are no additional blocks with this release.

Thanks for your patience, bug reports, and feature requests.  While I did not get all of the features requested into this release, there are many bug fixes, and if it proves substantially more stable, I will continue with adding features.

This bridge is released under the terms ofthe Simple Machines license.  Please do not redistribute.

broham

Orstio, I am very pleased with your ongoing efforts.  I really like SMF and am happy there is a working bridge available to us.

SMF + Xoops dude, yeah!  Good stuff.

phor

Got a charset problem:

Forum displays german "umlauts" well without the xoops bridge. Opening up SMF within the Bridge from Xoops... Umlauts aren't spelled correctly. I already tried to set different language settings within SMF but it seems as if the Xoops settings override the one of SMF. How do I get a "umlaut" capable Xoops+SMF site? :)

Orstio

Have you tried changing the language/character set in Xoops?

phor

I just installed german language files and activated them in Xoops. My MySQL DB is UTF8 (includes Xoops and SMF tables)...

Orstio

Orstio

Thanks for the URL.

Your page source shows that the page is rendering in ISO-8859-1:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />

You'll need to change that in Xoops.

phor

Where do I change this best? Manually in a special file?

Orstio

From what I can tell from the Xoops code, that is probably in your Xoops template.

phor

Within the theme.html files of each Template there is the line:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=<{$xoops_charset}>" />

In which file is $xoops_charset defined? Through the backend it seems as if I couldn't set the charset.

Orstio

Look in language/german/global.php for this:

define('_CHARSET', 'ISO-8859-1');

phor

Thanks, it works now :-)

broham

In the Xoops comments within modules, the poster's username is included with a link to their Xoops profile.  The url looks something like:  http://www.exampleurl.com/userinfo.php?uid=13

How might I change this to point instead to the SMF profile with a url more like this:
http://www.exampleurl.com/modules/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=13

For that matter, I'd like to get other url's pointing to smf, like the private messages (pmlite.php), and edit profile (editprofile.php).

Without a change like this, I have profile related url's like /userinfo.php being redirected to the homepage, since the xoops profiles are rather obsolete with SMF as the forum.

Please let me know if I ever ask for help that is more applicable to Xoops.org forums.  I know you're busy.  Thanks.

broham

Orstio

You'll need to change the Xoops code to do that, or perhaps create alternative Xoops blocks to do it.

santral

sorry but I have a question about how to make bridge.....?
will we install only bridge files ???
or will we add bridge files to smf 1.1.2  then install ????
pls help ...

santral

I installed only bridge files and when I go  smf forum it goes blank page ?

broham

santral, you install your smf 1.1.2 on your site.  The bridge files get uploaded to your modules folder (modules/smf).  You install the bridge like any other xoops module.  Then, you configure the bridge by entering the path to your smf 1.1.2 in the bridge's admin area.  Make the bridge's login block visible on your top page, and the regular xoops login block not visible.  Also, allow your anonymous "Group" access to the login block and the smf module.
I suggest looking at the previous thread for more info/answers.  The bridge really is great.  Good luck.

santral

thanks broham...
but  again some questions..
1-avatar or signature =they are diffrent in xoops and smf ???
can we make ony one profile page ..so when we change xoops avatar or signature  smf's  will change also....

2-when we write message in forum  it dosen't add xoops'user message number...???

3-search engine in xoops doesn't support smf ???

so how can we integrate the smf to xoops completelly???

santral

example of full integrated forum:
there is a module for xoops called xphpbbi 1.0.7

it s phpbb 2.0.22 forum for xoops =completelly integrated with xoops (like xoops own forum,,,etc. newbb)

I use xphpbbi 1.0.7  now and don't have any problem....
but
I want to use smf's full integrated forum like xphpbbi 1.0.7
...so can any body make smf like xphpbbi ???

Advertisement: