News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Cant back-up database

Started by gerrymore, October 02, 2004, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrymore

I'm trying to get a back-up of my database via my forum (RC1). I go in thru Admin to Forum Maintenance and try to download it. All I get is:

Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem may be? Or how to fix it? It is quite important as we want to move the forum to a new server some time in the next week or so. Please do ba aware that I am new to all this and not quite up to speed.

Thanks in advance

G
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

roboter88

Did you changed something inside ADMIN -> Server Settings

Check if the  path is still correct.

[Unknown]

This might happen if you do other things before backing up the database, like viewing a topic in a different window.

For security reasons, you must backup the database having clicked on "Forum Maintenance" immediately previous.

-[Unknown]

gerrymore

Quote from: roboter88 on October 02, 2004, 03:05:06 PM
Did you changed something inside ADMIN -> Server Settings

Check if the  path is still correct.

No I havent changed anything there since it was installed. The paths look OK to me.

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 02, 2004, 03:13:33 PM
This might happen if you do other things before backing up the database, like viewing a topic in a different window.

For security reasons, you must backup the database having clicked on "Forum Maintenance" immediately previous.

-[Unknown]

I simply logged in and went straight to Admin, Server Settings (to go into maitenance Mode), Then into Maintenance to do the Back-Up.

I did think it may have been a Mod that I installed, but that has been removed.

G
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

[Unknown]

Strange.

You should be able to go to Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Save backup.  Does it still not work?

Does logging out work?  Could you give me a link to your forum?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: