News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Line 45 error

Started by Mabbs, October 05, 2004, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbs

I wasn't sure if this was the right board, sorry if it isn't. My host went down today and since it has come back my forum has had the following error

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/jamiec/public_html/forum/index.php on line 45

I'm not an expert with it all, does anyone know a simple fix for this?

The site address is www.expertbettingadvice.co.uk/forum/index.php

Thanks

Jamie

[Unknown]

Your Settings.php has been corrupted or erased... do you have a Settings_bak.php.

-[Unknown]

Mabbs

Yes there is a Settings_bak.php in the folder.

[Unknown]

Can you try copying it to Settings.php?

You will lose the last change you made to your server settings.

-[Unknown]

Mabbs

Hi,

Sorry to be dumb, if I download both those files to my computer, copy what is in the settings_bak file over the settings file then upload the settings file?

I'm not sure what the server settings change means, does that mean I will lose posts?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Mabbs on October 05, 2004, 05:45:38 PM
Hi,

Sorry to be dumb, if I download both those files to my computer, copy what is in the settings_bak file over the settings file then upload the settings file?

Yes, that should work out fine.  What I meant was to:

- download the Settings_bak.php to your computer.
  - on your computer, rename Settings_bak.php to Settings.php.
  - upload this file back by FTP to your website.

Effectively copying or duplicating the file.

QuoteI'm not sure what the server settings change means, does that mean I will lose posts?

No, nothing like that.  But, if you recently changed, for example, the forum's name... it may go back to what it was before. (as this is a backup, which could be older..)

-[Unknown]

Mabbs

That worked, thanks very much for your help.

Mabbs

boydverbeek

hi i have this same problem but ouwer settings_bak.php is empty and still we tryd to change it but nothing still the line 45 how can i fix this???

[Unknown]

Please try using the repair_settings.php tool available on the downloads page.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: