News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can someone tell me what this means?

Started by TonyB, June 22, 2007, 07:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyB

This is what shows up in my SMF location...

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/default/index.template.php on line 173

164:
165:             document.getElementById("upshrinkHeaderIC").style.display = mode ? "none" : "";
166:
167:             current_header_ic = mode;
168:          }
169:       // ]]></script>
170: </head>
171:
172:    echo '
173:    <div class="tborder" ', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' style="width: 100%;"' : '', '>174:       <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
175:          <tr>
176:             <td class="catbg" height="32">';
177:

Rudolf

I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

TonyB

That worked! Thank you very much.
Every couple of weeks, that kind of thing keeps happening to my forum. Is someone hacking my default template? I don't know why this keeps happening, but it's getting old real quick.
TB

Rudolf

It would be weird if they'd hack only the template. Are you sure you don't have someone else who works on the templates. Any other admins on the forum?
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

TonyB

Harro

Does it happen when you tried to install mods or change anything?
It can't happen completly "random".

TonyB

Nope. I know it sounds weird, but it appears to be completly random.

SleePy

It seems strange but do you have a index.template.php~ (With the ~ at the end is important).

It could be for some reason reverting to the .php~ version or copying from it. I wouldn't know why as SMF doesn't do this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: