News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Grab from one and put into another

Started by GC, July 06, 2007, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

How can I select all information from the SMF Database and ignore all the mod information and copy it into another database?

See I currently have almost 17, 000 members, alot of posts and everything. I'm trying to have a fresh start, but same messages, same members, same everything, but i want all the mod info gone. Would I have to uninstall all mods and hope to god it works from the database part then copy over?

mohaakilla51

yeah, unless you want to go into each table and manually write out everything :P

greyknight17

You can delete the tables if you spot them. Those are easy to do. But if they start adding bits and pieces into other tables, it's probably not worth it to weed through each and every table looking for the leftover mod installs. If you have a working forum, just uninstall all the mods first if anything. I would backup the database before and after doing the uninstalls....just in case ;)

Other than that, just leave it alone. The mods, for the most part, won't bother the forum. They don't take up much space either.

Advertisement: