Touble having people register as members

Started by msa027, July 10, 2007, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msa027

Hello guys...I created an NBA/basketball related forum and I am having trouble getting people to actually register on my site. Ive been getting decent traffic on my website but no one is registering. My sites address is in my SIG.
I just wanna know long did it take for you  to get your forum to develop even a small community?

thanks
hxxp:www.nbawatcher.com [nonactive]

tumbleweed

Honestly i cannot blame them for not wanting to join.

I mean with all the funky ads,google ads. And really non of them related to Bball. Might want to reconsider placing ads on your site.

Just 2cents is all
tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

msa027

harsh but true......I didnt realize that..........thnx

tumbleweed

I really did not mean to offend you and your creation.  I do see though that you have manage to take some of the ads off.

If you could just leave one set of ads on it would be alot better.  and slap the one set of ads at the bottom of the page.

I would  spend some quality time with your site swapping out the "Stock" icons for more Bball related ones.

You need to transfer the concept of Bball over to the site VS just some basic forums. Also spend some time on the css and create a different color vision. Again more in tune with Bball.

Once again just my 2cents

tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level

msa027

thank you very much.....I really appreciate it.  Your advice really helped me gain some insight of what i need to do.

Bigguy

How long has your site been open. ??? Is there alot of content on it. ???  What are you personally doing to drive traffic to your site. ??? have you been advertising on other sites or getting involved in link exchanges or anything. ???

www.smfoogle.com and www.smftopsite.com are two places you could put your link to see who will click on it and get it out there a bit more. You could advertise in the showcae board here as well.

msa027

Ive had it open for like a week and a half now. There has been some decent content.  I have been doing some advertising, but I havent been involve with link exchanges. 

Bigguy

Well, in forum life, a week and a half is like a blink of an eye. :) It does take time sometimes to get one started but if you are dedicated enough and stick with it you will get it to happen. ;)

tumbleweed

Quote from: Bigguy on July 10, 2007, 10:40:16 PM
How long has your site been open. ??? Is there alot of content on it. ???  What are you personally doing to drive traffic to your site. ??? have you been advertising on other sites or getting involved in link exchanges or anything. ???

www.smfoogle.com and www.smftopsite.com are two places you could put your link to see who will click on it and get it out there a bit more. You could advertise in the showcae board here as well.

Great advice there.

I myself am going to check out those two links

Coldfx

One thing I found is start up in joining an IRC channel or online videogame.  Making online friends gives you a chance to introduce some of them to the forum.  Whether they look BBall or not, if they're your friend they'll post regardless.  Larger community promotes more users to signup, resulting in a rather strong community ;)

Also, for the theme, I would try finding something a bit more "Resolution friendly". < Meaning, that at full screen 1024x768 I shouldn't have to use a horizontal scroll bar >.  And maybe a bit more b-ball themed (As mentioned previously =P).

Advertisement: