News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Attachment permissions

Started by HEB XI 1, October 15, 2004, 09:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEB XI 1

I have enabled attachments on my board, have no trouble posting or downloading them myself (obviously, as an admin).  However, several of my members are unable to download anything ... and they also cannot see the preview attachment on images.

I have double checked the membergroup permissions, and every group that is represented by these people has the Post and View options allowed.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Ben_S

Check the members profile > Show Permissions, that may show why.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

HEB XI 1

ok ... checked that.  All of them show as having view_attachments permissions.  Next step?

HEB XI 1

just found this:

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 12, 2004, 05:09:22 PM
The attachments/avatars thing is a known issue.  It would help greatly if I could see a dump of your attachments table and a list of the filenames in your attachments directory. (I can't reproduce, I need test data..)

If people reattach and/or reupload them, they will fix themselves.

I'll send the stuff off to [Unknown] and see what he can figure out :)

HEB XI 1

found this too:

Quote from: Sheva on October 16, 2004, 08:01:02 AM
Thanks for everyone, I know that I must set board as global  ;D . Thanks again.....

Tweaked that and now attachments work as they should ... enjoy :)

Grudge

It's not that you have to set all boards as global, it's that you have to adjust each local board seperatly if you want to add that permission. Maybe it would help if we have an additional option in the select box saying "Add this permission to all boards (local or global)". Local boards are *very* useful and people shouldn't make them all global unless they are actually supposed to be the same.
I'm only a half geek really...

HEB XI 1

hmm ... that does make sense.  I will play around with local permissions ... tho since I don't truly have a need to use them, setting things to global worked fine for me.

Advertisement: