News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converted Board

Started by JMorris, October 15, 2004, 11:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMorris

I am testing a board conversion from Snitz2000 to SMF and used the Snitz2000-->phpBB2-->SMF RC2 route to attempt the conversion. Took me a bit to get it working properly because of timeouts and whatnot but I did get the conversions to finish in order. Now I'm testing the data and doing a repair on it and get this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Clients\9899\infernalworlds.com\infernalworlds.com\forum\Sources\Subs.php on line 167

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Clients\9899\infernalworlds.com\infernalworlds.com\forum\Sources\Load.php on line 1238

Warning: Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any help would be appreciated.

Oldiesmann

Based on those error messages, it looks like you're having a problem with database-driven sessions. Line 1238 of Load.php is the beginning of the function that writes the session info to your database. There could be many reasons for this - possibly there was a problem with the database server and for whatever reason it wasn't responding. Anyway, try this and see if it helps:

UPDATE smf_settings SET databaseSession_enable = 0

That will at least turn off the option to use database-driven sessions and hopefully will fix your problems. If not, talk to your host.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JMorris

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

JMorris

I pulled the db back down to a local machine and ran the repair. Took all of a second.

Now I'm noticing that all of my topics start with the second post and the first post is the last post. <--That doesn't make much sense.

I'll do some searching to see why that is. Thanks for your help.

[Unknown]

Quote from: JMorris on October 15, 2004, 03:17:41 PM
I pulled the db back down to a local machine and ran the repair. Took all of a second.

Now I'm noticing that all of my topics start with the second post and the first post is the last post. <--That doesn't make much sense.

I'll do some searching to see why that is. Thanks for your help.

That's the Snitz -> phpBB converter...

-[Unknown]

JMorris

Is it possible to renumber it for SMF though?

Hmm. I think I'll look at getting your Snitz --> SMF converter working instead. Version 2000 is a little different than 3.4.03 which made it not work out of the box and since I had another option of snitz->phpbb->smf available, I took it.

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

[Unknown]

If you can tell me what's different and what doesn't work, I'll try to make it convert both ;).

-[Unknown]

JMorris

I've been running it for the past few hours on a local machine and it's processing through my messages. I'll have to answer this when it's done.
Thanks for your help.

JMorris

Conversion worked fine if I run it from a local server. The only issue I have now is something that I just can't figger. I used the repair_settings.php file to attempt to repair the paths and it appeared to have changed them properly but it's not working still and none of the buttons/images display.

I've verified the security on the folders. Verified security on the files. Redid the paths from hand and still nothing.

http://infernalworlds.com.9.m6.net/forum2/index.php [nofollow]

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Oldiesmann

Image paths and/or URLs are incorrect. Right-click where there should be an image, and it's showing them as being on infernalworlds.com.8.m6.net instead of infernalworlds.com.9.m6.net
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JMorris

Thanks. It's amazing what a little number can do.

S25

Hey i have the same problem after using the PHPBB converter but when i try to run that script i get
QuoteError

SQL-query:

UPDATE smf_settings SET databaseSession_enable =0

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'databaseSession_enable' in 'field list'
Please bear in mind that i am also running mambo off this databse.
Thanks in advance
S25  ;)

S25

Fixed :D
The repair tool in http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?converters allows you to turn off database-driven sessions

Advertisement: