Audio Representation of Verification String Abruptly Cut Short

Started by Funkyjive, July 17, 2007, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkyjive

Most excellent discussion management software by-the-way (thank you) :), though I am personally experiencing a premature ending to the audio representation of the CAPTCHA verification string. For example, with the five character string the audio gets as far as about the third character and then abruptly finishes.

This occurs irrespective of listening directly with the default player presented on the page, or by QuickTime. I've also noticed that the exact same problem also occured when registering on your website a few moments ago as-well as the earlier test registration on my own website.

This behavious must therefore be due to either my client machine or a bug perhaps in the script? Without the immediate ability to try another machine I thought that I should mention this, just in-case others should experience similar problems for maybe the same reason(s).

For the record I am running a clean XP (SP1) machine, with IE6, and I upgraded to the most recent version of SMF immediately after installation so am unable to verify whether similar problems are possible with your earlier version of site script.

Thank you in advance for your help and consideration :).

Kind regards,

Brendan.

SleePy

This sometimes can be a problem with the client (IE you). browsers will start playing automatically the sound, But some stop playing when it runs out of data and is still loading the sound file.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: