Deleted admin user name by mistake

Started by GamersQuest, October 17, 2004, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamersQuest

Have just set up a forum - but have managed to delete my own user name and password and I'm the administrator!!

What do I need to do to renable this - yes I am a big muppet - but any help would be great  :)

www.gq-distribution.co.uk/Innov8

Trekkie101

LOL!  :D ive done that before with phpMyAdmin

Its empty why not just re-install. Or have you ???

GamersQuest

What a muppet I am  :D - anyway I had a think and that's exactly what I've just done - worked a dream - many thanks  ;)

[Unknown]

Or you could install right over it without damaging anything...

-[Unknown]

Trekkie101

I suppose there has to be a way to fix it?

Kindred

You could always just go into the database and reenter the information directly into the table(s)...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Trekkie101

But can that been done, you know with the encryption and all.

Ben_S

Yes, there is no encyption. Search for restore user.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Trekkie101

I meant the way the passwords store md5 i just thought the login would fail.

Oldiesmann

That's easy - just insert the appropriate information, use whatever value you want for the password and then use the "forgot password" feature to get a new one :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

downdraft

I just got the forum up and running, I need to get all of the content buttons installed and don't really know what I'm doing. I need to know how to add topic lists I also wanted to rename my forum, where do I go for that?

Thanks,

Lost

Trekkie101

Admin -> Look on the side panel for Edit Server Settings and click it and then scroll down until you see Message Board Name and then change it, scroll to the bottom and click save, if you have MSNM or can email me i will help you set everything up how you want it.

Advertisement: