News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Wierd Guest

Started by ryanbsoftware, October 20, 2004, 11:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanbsoftware

For two days in a row now in the morning I keep seeing a guest with an ip address form FDCservers.net and yet they just sit for over an hour "Viewing The Forum Index" and it just seems creepy to me.

Antero

I often have a guest from this or similar IP mostly viewing and printing random topics. That's creepy indeed. Heh, probably some bot or such?

Winters

Quote from: ryanbsoftware on October 20, 2004, 11:03:39 AM
For two days in a row now in the morning I keep seeing a guest with an ip address form FDCservers.net and yet they just sit for over an hour "Viewing The Forum Index" and it just seems creepy to me.

Couldn't it be that they are surfing with multiple browser windows and simply still have yours open while doing something else but are still online? I know that often happens to me.

Waste

Quote from: Andero on October 20, 2004, 02:26:42 PM
I often have a guest from this or similar IP mostly viewing and printing random topics. That's creepy indeed. Heh, probably some bot or such?

That's the MSN bot. ;)

ryanbsoftware

Quote from: Waste on October 20, 2004, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: Andero on October 20, 2004, 02:26:42 PM

I want the msn bot to crawl my site, lol. :lol:
That's the MSN bot. ;)

Waste

Oh, give it time.
It will.

Advertisement: