Started by sodface, October 22, 2004, 01:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodface

If I do this:
<?php
require("./forum/SSI.php");
template_footer();
?>

All I see is the mysql, php etc. logos in the footer - no copyright text whatsoever.  Looking at the index.template.php I see that under the template_main_below there is a call to theme_copyright() - I looked at that function and have no idea what it does, it seems like all it does is set $found to true or false or echos the copyright notice that it has been disabled... I tried passing theme_copyright('none') in from the template and then I can get the warning to display - but once I set it back the way it was, my footer is blank again except for the image logos.

I can see where the copyright removal warnings are echoed, but I don't see where the real copyright is produced.  Can someone explain this to me?

This is only on an ssi page outside of the forum, the copyright is fine once you hit the forum.  I also echoed the $forum_copyright variable and it's there on the ssi page.

I must be a rock head, I just don't see what the deal is.... I sat down 3 hours ago to work on my site and got hung up on this copyright snag immediately, and now here I am 3 hours later with a blank footer still.

sodface

Ok, nevermind, I think I got it.  $forum_version is not assigned a value in SSI.php, so theme_copyright() produces no output.  It is assigned a value in index.php which is why the forum was displaying correctly.  If I assign a value to $forum_version before the SSI.php include statement then I can get it to work.

I almost hate to admit this but, adding to my confusion was the fact that I was using ultraedit to search for instances of certain expressions in my local SMF source directory, and then I was making trial edits to those files... which are local, not on the server, duh, I was tired  :-*

Also, since SSI.php, as written, disables the display of the SMF copyright, does this mean that it is in keeping with the license agreement to build a site around the forum using the SMF template system and only display the copyright within the forum itself and not in the greater context of the mainsite?  Not that I mind either way... I love this software so far and as soon as I figure out the template layering, as I think it is done on this site, I will be a happy man.

[Unknown]

Quote from: sodface on October 22, 2004, 12:59:34 PM
Also, since SSI.php, as written, disables the display of the SMF copyright, does this mean that it is in keeping with the license agreement to build a site around the forum using the SMF template system and only display the copyright within the forum itself and not in the greater context of the mainsite?  Not that I mind either way... I love this software so far and as soon as I figure out the template layering, as I think it is done on this site, I will be a happy man.

Yes, that's fine... if you need any help with the layering, just ask... ;).  But, yes, that's exactly what's done on this site.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: