News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

i've just installed and i'm getting errors

Started by peterstannard, October 22, 2004, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterstannard

i've just installed smf and i'm getting errors.

when i try to access the admin panel;
Fatal error: smf_main(): Failed opening required '/home/liquidco/public_html/smf/Sources/Admin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/liquidco/public_html/smf/index.php on line 315

and when i try to access 'home' i get;
An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'main' template.

please help
peter

Ben_S

Sounds like all of the files haven't been uploaded, do you have a link to your board?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

peterstannard

Quote from: Ben_S on October 22, 2004, 03:42:43 PM
Sounds like all of the files haven't been uploaded, do you have a link to your board?

sure mate - www.liquidcoke.net/smf/

i notice your a lfc fan too.

Ben_S

Not sure whats going on, did install.php run correctly?

http://liquidcoke.net/smf/Sources/Admin.php seems to think it's a directory for some reason ???

Quote from: peterstannard on October 22, 2004, 03:49:50 PM

How'd you guess ;)

peterstannard

Quote from: Ben_S on October 22, 2004, 03:56:01 PM
Not sure whats going on, did install.php run correctly?

http://liquidcoke.net/smf/Sources/Admin.php seems to think it's a directory for some reason ???

Quote from: peterstannard on October 22, 2004, 03:49:50 PM

How'd you guess ;)

i've just looked in the folder that's on my destop and it appear that the follows files have been made into foldesr.

attachments >> index.php
packages >> index.php
smilies >> index.php
sources >> admin.php
themes >> index.php

this is probs the reason for all the errors.

to make sure i downloaded the installation pack from simplemachines.org again and when unzipped it happened again.
i'll try with a different unzip software incase that is that cause.if not do you have any more ideas?

are you a member of KopTalk?if not get registered,best liverpool site going.

peter

Ben_S

What did you unzip it with, have had no problems with winzip and winrar so you may want to try one of them.

As for koptalk, sensationalist headline for the benefit of newsnow doesn't really appeal to me, will stick to my own.

peterstannard

Quote from: Ben_S on October 22, 2004, 04:08:53 PM
What did you unzip it with, have had no problems with winzip and winrar so you may want to try one of them.

As for koptalk, sensationalist headline for the benefit of newsnow doesn't really appeal to me, will stick to my own.

don't know which one it was either a new download or changing zippers.i used ExtractNow and didn't work but tried with CAMUnzip and that seems to have worked.

peterstannard

yep i'm all sorted now many thanks ben.

maybe you or the developers could test unzipping the software with ExtractNow and see if it work as it may be useful for other people to know that it doesn't work (if it turns out it doesn't)

no doubt i'll be post quite often in the next few days while i get my forum sorted out,

speak soon
peter

Ben_S

Advertisement: