News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fonts and Other CSS Oddities

Started by Chris G., October 22, 2004, 07:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Is there a way by which I can set different fonts for the forum and topic titles and descriptions?

Whether there is or not . . . is there a CSS guide for Simple Machines (i.e., a "map" of sorts)?

Thanks!

-C

Chris G.

And two more things (sorry):

1. Is there a Fast Reply feature?
2. Somehow the links don't show up (just text) on my folder tree.  Is there any option that I have to set in order to make this work correctly?

Thanks again! :)

[Unknown]

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16218.0

You can set it with css, yes.

In your profile, under Theme and Layout Preferences.
That's a setting under Admin -> Current Theme's Settings.

-[Unknown]

Chris G.

Thank you so much!

Now, how can I get the Quick Reply above the moderator options?

Chris G.

Terribly sorry again--although I've scoured the CSS file many times over, I can't seem to find a separate setting for descriptions (and I do know CSS :P).

[Unknown]

I'm afraid there's nothing for descriptions *specifically* at this time, but you can make modifications to the BoardIndex template - search for description.

-[Unknown]

Chris G.

I searched for description, and nothing relevant came up (a META tag and then something about upshrink).

[Unknown]

Quote from: chrisg0619 on October 22, 2004, 09:45:02 PM
I searched for description, and nothing relevant came up (a META tag and then something about upshrink).

You were looking in the index template... the BoardIndex template contains the board descriptions.

-[Unknown]

Chris G.

Wonderful.  Thank you very, very much.

Chris G.

If I may ask one more question: how do I set the minutes cutoff on the active user list?

Chris G.

Chris G.

Interesting...none of the changes I make to my CSS file seem to be taking effect, or rather, they take effect a long, long time after I set them.  Any thoughts?

[Unknown]

Try pressing Ctrl-F5 to force a reload (it may be cached.)

-[Unknown]

Chris G.

Actually, I think I simply committed the ultimate faux-pas of all coding: forgetting the semicolon. >:(

Advertisement: