News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Weird alignment problem

Started by foxed, October 24, 2004, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxed

Hi,

I installed smf without any problems and moved onto skinning it ... again no problems ... however to my dismay when I looked at the skin in that inferior browser (IE) everything was centered rather than left aligned like it is in Firefox ...

Could anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks
Foxed

GiNi3D

What do you mean  ???
I use Firefox and it shows just like IE.

foxed

This should explain it better ... the following screenshots were taken seconds after each other.

GiNi3D

Oops! I did not see it.

Why don't you control it with the css?
Just In case you don't know how, do this.

Open  >>BoardIndex.template.php

Find (ctrl+F) >>  // Here's where the "Info Center" starts...
This is the starting point of that table and such...

Now find this code, near the beginning >>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">

Now add this >>
class="table_ALeft"

Now it should look like this.
<table class="table_ALeft" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">

Save your BoardIndex.template.php, and uplaod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now open the css called >>  style.css

Add this inside.
.table_ALeft
{
text-align: left;
}

Good luck?

foxed

Ok tried that but still no luck.

This seems a bit strange to me, whenever I've skinned other boards, when you duplicate the skin - it copies all the files across.

But when looking at the directory in my FTP, there are only a few files in the new skin folder -  but there are loads in the Default folder ...

Seems a bit strange to me.

foxed

ahhh got it now  :D

Changed the alignment of a div by mistake and I missed it when I was hunting for the problem!!

Thanks for your help :) - Really pleased with SMF ... a little overly complicated in some areas but other than that its a top notch board.

Thanks
Foxed

GiNi3D

Quote from: foxed on October 24, 2004, 04:51:56 PM
Changed the alignment of a div by mistake and I missed it when I was hunting for the problem!!
Sometimes when we edit something we forget where, it is normal, I am glad you fixed it.

Quote from: foxed
... a little overly complicated in some areas but other than that its a top notch board.
You will see, the template system is very logic, give yourself a few straight hours with it, and you will be comfortable with it. ;)

By the way welcome to SMF.  ;D

Advertisement: