News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need help converting Forumotion to SMF

Started by CalPablito, July 10, 2022, 12:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalPablito

Does this still work? I'm very non tech which is why we went with a free forum, but forumotion has so many limitations that we're ready to get our own domain and use SMF.

Does someone know how to grab all our content and convert it over? Even if paid?

Drop me a private message if you can do this.

Thanks

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: CalPablito on July 10, 2022, 12:26:19 AMDoes this still work? I'm very non tech which is why we went with a free forum, but forumotion has so many limitations that we're ready to get our own domain and use SMF.

Does someone know how to grab all our content and convert it over? Even if paid?

Drop me a private message if you can do this.

Thanks

I did not see any converters for forumotion at our converters page. I am not familiar with said forum, but the best way to go about this imo is to convert first to another forum software that supports forumotion and then convert to Smf.

CalPablito

You mean a forum that will allow the conversion form ForuMotion then copy the databases over to SMF? At the moment, Forumotion doesn't give access to the databases and won't likely ever do so.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: CalPablito on July 10, 2022, 12:35:08 PMYou mean a forum that will allow the conversion form ForuMotion then copy the databases over to SMF?

Yes, that is what I meant.

Quote from: CalPablito on July 10, 2022, 12:35:08 PMAt the moment, Forumotion doesn't give access to the databases and won't likely ever do so.

In that case I am afraid that the conversion is not possible.

Advertisement: