News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

Got it working, was me being stupid, i only kept the zetaboards folder and it was unable to find the two files you mentioned, downloaded it again and re-ran fine, thanks.

ziycon

I'm getting the below error when importing the members_smf.sql file??
QuoteField 'lngfile' doesn't have a default value

nneonneo

Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

ziycon

Ok, sorted that, It was in strict mode. I've imported everything fine and recounted it.
I have admin access to the zetaboards but i have noticed that boards only admins can see and the posts in the admin boardsd didn't copy over and also the users email address didn't copy over either??

I have full admin right on the zetaboards.

nneonneo

You *should* be able to convert the admin boards, unless the cookie is wrong (you may try rerunning the get_cookie script).

As for emails, they can copy over if you can see them on their profile. If they have taken measures to hide their email, you might not be able to convert it.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Shan2

can i use this converter to convert invisionplus db ?

H

Quote from: Shan2 on June 04, 2009, 04:24:09 PM
can i use this converter to convert invisionplus db ?

What exactly is invisionplus? How does it differ from standard IPB/ipbfree?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

TwitchisMental

Okay I need some help..

Every has went easy for me until adding the sql..

Mostly because the information for that part is limited.

Can someone give me step by step on what I am suspose to do with the .sqls?

I am loving how easy this converter is and I am hoping it be able to switch me from ipbfree :D.

nneonneo

Install SMF, then go to phpMyAdmin (or another tool you use to administrate the database on your webhost), and import the SQL files into the database.
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 10, 2009, 10:46:57 PM
Install SMF, then go to phpMyAdmin (or another tool you use to administrate the database on your webhost), and import the SQL files into the database.

Ahh okay I will do this now thanks for helping a poor noob like me out lol.

TwitchisMental

New Problem, Everything is working until members.

It keeps sayong member does not exist...(I have 206 member btw .. )

How to fix?

nneonneo

Hmm, it may mean a bug in the converter. Can you forward me the URL of your forum?
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 11, 2009, 07:40:20 PM
Hmm, it may mean a bug in the converter. Can you forward me the URL of your forum?

Yes the ipbfree forum is 311entertainment.co.cc/forums.html

nneonneo

Sorry, I had a few little problems in the members script.

Here's a new one.
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 11, 2009, 09:36:14 PM
Sorry, I had a few little problems in the members script.

Here's a new one.

Thanks trying it now :D .

Edit: Okay it got the members,but when uploading the .sql I get this error -

Error     SQL query:     
         TRUNCATE  TABLE  `smf_users` ;

MySQL said: Documentation   #1146 - Table 'twitch_smf1.smf_users' doesn't exist

nneonneo

What table prefix did you install SMF with? You must use that as table_prefix in settings.py.
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 11, 2009, 10:21:44 PM
What table prefix did you install SMF with? You must use that as table_prefix in settings.py.

Uhmm If I am right it is -

twitch_smf1

To be sure can you tell me where the table prefix is normally found?

nneonneo

twitch_smf1 is the database name. The table prefix is the prefix of every table in that database: for example, my table prefix is "smf_", so I have tables named "smf_members" and "smf_messages". You may have a different prefix, and that needs to be put in settings.py.
spammers here!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: nneonneo on August 11, 2009, 10:30:47 PM
twitch_smf1 is the database name. The table prefix is the prefix of every table in that database: for example, my table prefix is "smf_", so I have tables named "smf_members" and "smf_messages". You may have a different prefix, and that needs to be put in settings.py.

Oh okay

Edit: Okay another problem I just found.

its giving all members random numbers as the password :[.

How to fix?

TwitchisMental

Sorry for double posting,but it also seems that I cannot see the posts and topics.

Advertisement: