[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

Posted a new version of the converter. This one should fix the aforementioned problem -- I have successfully run it against your board with no issues.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

greya

Elapsed Conversion Time 3616.72 seconds
Converted 65128 posts and 5958 topics.
Complete! Press <enter> to exit.

WOOT! Thanks nneonneo!!

silentcross

i'm tryin to convert from InvisionFree to SMF, but when i look the sql there are different table.

nneonneo

silentcross, what do you mean by that? Different tables?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

silentcross

i do as you told in manual but when i try to import the sql, it has different table.

in smf database it say smf_messages , but in the sql it say smf_post, and theres other not maching table

nneonneo

Did you run the right program? You need to execute topics_posts_smf.py, not topics_posts_phpBB.py.
spammers here!

silentcross

hmmmm, omg my bad... i run topics_postphpBB.py , i'll try again and report again if i make any wrong. Thanks

bros

Does the IF converter only work with SMF 1.1 RC3, or would it work on 1.1.4?

nneonneo

Should work with 1.1.4; there are no database changes between the two versions that I am aware of.
spammers here!

bros

BarbulaM1

This might sound horribly stupid, but I am using Windows Vista and I cannot seem to find the actual MySQL file or the log file, they are not in the folder I am executing the script in.

nneonneo

Hmm? Presumably, you've run the scripts, and it says "Completed" or something like that. A few SQL files should come out.
spammers here!

nneonneo

You've edited settings.py, right? If your URL ends with "index.c.cgi" or "v45index.cgi" then you have a "new" Proboards forum, and so there's some minor changes to make. In members_topics_posts.py, change all ".cgi" to ".c.cgi" if you have "index.c.cgi", otherwise change all "/index" to "/v45index".
spammers here!

nneonneo

I've updated the converters, since Proboards got around to updating my test forum, so that I can verify it all works correctly. Grab the newest copy, and edit the settings.py file. All the pertinent settings are stored there.
spammers here!

nneonneo

Checklist:
1) downloaded and unzipped the newest converter package (posted about 5 minutes ago)
2) installed Python
3) read the Instructions.txt file in the Proboards folder
4) edited the settings.py file, in a text editor.
5) run members_topics_posts.py program to do the conversion

If you are having problems, please be specific; I can't help you if you are too vague on the problem.
spammers here!

nneonneo

spammers here!

silentcross

i have problem when i run the topics_posts_smf.py , if i leave it, when it's done my comp crash, should i make the raw_input("Complete! Press <enter> to exit.") into #raw_input("Complete! Press <enter> to exit.")
so when it's done it will close by it self ?

nneonneo

blakey: It opens then closes? Try running settings.py. If that happens as well, then you've made a typo in settings.py; check it carefully.

silentcross: Your computer crashes at the end of running it? Can you be more detailed -- e.g. the program hangs, your computer shuts down, or something?
spammers here!

nneonneo

spammers here!

nneonneo

If it says the time is in the wrong format, that would be the cause of failed conversions. Proboards lets you set the date and time options. You have to make it *exactly* what it asks for, or it won't work.

The other problem (for me) is that v4.5 may have some changes which I don't know about. I can improve my converter if you let me see your board; PM me the address to your board and I will look at it.

Regards,
Robert
spammers here!

Advertisement: