News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Invisionfree/ActiveBoards/iPBfree

Started by nneonneo, August 13, 2007, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCDiamond

Quote from: elcanadianoSH on March 05, 2010, 09:50:33 PM
By the way, second comment and issue with the Zetaboards conversion (pretty minor).

After my Zetaboards conversion, the final category (just for fun on the link below) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dashing/index/

Also, I am attempting to convert a second Zetaboards forum to phpBB and then to another software. The same thing happened here, where the Admin Forum (hidden) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/ResumeBulletin/index/

Having said that, those were more minor categories, so that wasn't as bad, but thanks anyway.
When I ran a conversion it didn't convert any boards that were password protected, such as the admin forum.  All passwords needed to be removed before running the process.

TNoob

Would I be allowed to pay somebody to complete this conversion for me?

Norv

TNoob: there is a board on this forum, the Help Wanted (not for support) board, for this purpose, it can be used if you wish: you can post there a request for professional paid or free help (outside the scope of the free support of this forum).
You may want to note that the board is there only as convenience for people to advertise their services and/or use paid/free services. Simple Machines does not have control on the offers/services exchanged there.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

el canadiano

Quote from: ABCDiamond on March 06, 2010, 02:16:49 AM
Quote from: elcanadianoSH on March 05, 2010, 09:50:33 PM
By the way, second comment and issue with the Zetaboards conversion (pretty minor).

After my Zetaboards conversion, the final category (just for fun on the link below) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dashing/index/

Also, I am attempting to convert a second Zetaboards forum to phpBB and then to another software. The same thing happened here, where the Admin Forum (hidden) did not convert.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/ResumeBulletin/index/

Having said that, those were more minor categories, so that wasn't as bad, but thanks anyway.
When I ran a conversion it didn't convert any boards that were password protected, such as the admin forum.  All passwords needed to be removed before running the process.

Well the final category in Dashing wasn't a password-protected forum. Heck, it wasn't even an admin forum. I had ACP access throughout the whole thing.

Hitakashi

i tried uploading our topics SQL but it was too big so i used big dump and it says a error:
Error at the line 1: TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_boards`; TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_categories`;

Query: TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_boards`; TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_categories`;

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_categories`' at line 1

This is NOT working, i got members to import but IT DIDN'T WORK

edit: it worked but i can't put the topics, cause its too big

and it works :\

nneonneo

You can use the "split_sql.py" utility, provided with the program, to split the large SQL files into smaller ones which can be imported one-by-one.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

el canadiano

Just a question nneonneo.

What are the chances you will be supporting the MyBB merge system through this (or have converters for MyBB)?

nneonneo

Close to zero, I'm guessing, simply because I don't really have the time to develop a new converter, particularly when the existing converters can be chained onto a MyBB conversion to achieve the desired effect.

I apologize if this causes any inconvenience, but there are no plans to develop MyBB converters right now.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

el canadiano

Quote from: nneonneo on April 14, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
Close to zero, I'm guessing, simply because I don't really have the time to develop a new converter, particularly when the existing converters can be chained onto a MyBB conversion to achieve the desired effect.

I apologize if this causes any inconvenience, but there are no plans to develop MyBB converters right now.

That's fine. I've been getting around that without a problem mainly by converting to MyBB (and the other guys) via. phpBB 2. I think it would be cool, personally, because the MyBB Merge System is an excellent platform to convert to.

nneonneo

Actually, the reason why most converters have a phpBB2 backend is because it can be converted to nearly every other platform in existence. Not having to worry about multitudes of other platforms reduces my maintenance workload significantly.

I still would like to, at some point, have pluggable front- and back-ends, so I don't have to deal with so many single-use converters. But for now, that's only a pipe dream.

Of course, if anyone is willing to take up the challenge and write such a framework, I'd be very happy ;)
spammers here!

Hitakashi

Hey nneonneo im just wondering will you ever consider making a converter for forumotion punbb?

nneonneo

I believe that Forumotion allows you to switch your skin style to phpBB3 at any time through the Display>Theme>Version admin page. Then you can run the existing phpBB3 converter.
spammers here!

Quexinos

a friend of mine wants to do this but is really worried that invisionfree will get pissed off or sue her or something if she does.  That's not possible is it?  I mean it's just running a spider operation which is legal as far as I know but I want to tell her something to put her mind at ease.

Joey67500

Hi,

I can't seem to get the admin/mod only forums off my Zetaboards and onto SMF. I'm the root for both.

Austin01

I get this error when uploading the members script
#1062 - Duplicate entry '144' for key 'PRIMARY'

Also only a few of my 1000 posts show up? The rest are there its just when you click on them it says it dose not exist.

bros

Question - Converter worked excellently for Zetaboards, but I have a question, now that I have converted the board, when I go to track IP, it says all of the people are potentially in the same range. Any way to resolve this issue?

nneonneo

@Joey67500: The get_cookie script should have grabbed all the necessary credentials to view the forums, unless they aren't visible on the board index.

@Austin01: What converter are you using?

@bros: The converter isn't able to convert post IP addresses, so they are all converted as "0.0.0.0". I don't know what SMF uses to signify that the post has an unknown IP address; if you know, please tell me.
spammers here!

Austin01

Joey67500

I can't figure out what's wrong. They're viewable on the index, I have root. I even tried making them visible to everyone and it still didn't get them.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement: