Suggested needed for men's board names

Started by fallen_angel, August 15, 2007, 07:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallen_angel

One of the forums I run is for a health condition that mainly affects women. Men are affected, but not in the same numbers. Increasing recently we've been getting more male members though, and I've set them up their own board to talk about men's issues and the condition - I've also set up one for the girls for specifically "girlie" issues if you know what I mean.  ;D

My problem is though a suitable name for the new men's board. The only thing I can could come up with was "BoyZone", but a couple of the male members have complained that the name's pretty naff, and also is associated with the pop group Boyzone, which it seems none of them are fans of.  :D

I exhausted my creativity coming up with new rank titles recently and can't come up with a single other idea for what I could call this male only board apart from something incredibly dull like "Men's Forum".

Any ideas?
MasterWeb & the IB Geek Girls: Outback behind the bikesheds - talking geek
ecanus.net: smileys and *stuff*
-- "You don't need eyes to see - you need vision" ~ Maxi Jazz --

Lilac

I sometimes just go with sarcastic phrases or tongue-in-cheek statements.  "You're gonna like the way you look" comes to mind >_>
Elliquiy Adult Role playing is a mature roleplaying community with some 500,000 posts in over 100 boards.

I don't know everything.  Please ask questions in the support forums instead of PMing me!

Le Maudit

The Locker Room, The Pub, The Man Cave, Forum for Men (sounds like a cologne though), Male Room

That's it for now [:^)

fallen_angel

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a number of suggestions now that various people and some of the forum members have suggested so I think I'm going to set up a poll and let the members decide.
MasterWeb & the IB Geek Girls: Outback behind the bikesheds - talking geek
ecanus.net: smileys and *stuff*
-- "You don't need eyes to see - you need vision" ~ Maxi Jazz --

HoTmetal

QuoteLocker Room

I like that one...

here's a few others...

Tree house
Mens club
the water cooler
the ditch

Coldfx

"Clubhouse: No Girlz Allowd"
Boyz Only

I preferred "The Locker Room", like Rick said, it seems most fitting.

RustyBarnacle

We use The Garage and the girls have The Powder Room

Tony Reid

We have a similar support group setup - but the mens area is called "the mens room".... which is tounge in cheek slang for toilet :)

Tony Reid

Advertisement: