News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Earn From Amazon Links

Started by karlbenson, August 19, 2007, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlbenson

WDM2005 has now taken over development of this mod.
The link for which is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1303

EARN FROM AMAZON LINKS MOD v1.0
By Karl Benson

Link to Mod | Comment On This Mod

Introduction
Enables webmasters to make money from Amazon Associates (affiliate programme).
The modification adds the webmasters Amazon Associate ID to all Amazon Links in posts so that if a user then goes on to purchase items, you can earn

Sign-Up For Amazon Associates: .com | .co.uk | .ca | .de | .fr | .co.jp

Installation
No manual edits required unless your theme has a custom Admin.template.php (extremely unlikely)
So for the majority this will automatically be installed on all themes.

Features
o admin settings [via Admin > Posts & Topics]
- Enable mod
- Enter Amazon Associate id
- Choose your preferred Amazon Store [ .com | .co.uk | .ca | co.jp | .de | .fr ]
o Converts any existing amazon links
- Forces store conversion (Amazon links are modified to use your store to maximise your potential earnings)

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
1.0 - 10th August 2007
o Initial release

karlbenson

Just to pre-empt some questions.

Whats the difference between this Amazon Links Mod And Amazon ASIN/ISBN Mod?
This mod adds onto the end of any urls, your amazon associates id. (So if any purchases are then made from the store via the link, you will earn). Whereas my Amazon ASIN/ISBN mod is about showing some information about the item/book, and if a link is used which leads to a subsequent purchase, you can earn.

Is this mod compatible with the Amazon ASIN/ISBN Mod?
They should be compatible ? hopefully.. ?  Although I haven't tested.  None of the settings cross over, so if you will get the chance to enter your amazon associates id for EACH mod.

AmyKay

That is so cool, thank you!  So I don't really have to bother with their "build a link" stuff anymore.  I can just post any link to amazon, and I'll get credit? 

Thank you!

karlbenson

try it.

It will add your id on to the end of amazon links.

sillymilly

Umm - not sure if it's me doing somethign wrong or not - but it doesn't seem to be adding my affiliate ID to the amazon links.

any suggestions?

karlbenson

please can you post some example links that don't seem to be working

ShawnX

This gets my vote for BEST MOD EVER!!

Thank you so much for this!  :D

catchpen

Great mod. Thank you very much. I was so happy to install a mod on a modified theme with out getting into the php! If you can upgrade it to support Commission Junction and Linkshare that would be nice.

Sectomy

great mod, got anyone installed it on a german installation ?
sorry, cant prog php :( and i want to install it but it tells me an failure on the admin.php on install.

karlbenson

I have reuploaded this mod and screenshots for it.

I am in the process of doing it for ALL my other mods aswell.  Please bear with me.

damnitmike

karl, I use alot of you mods...they are very good and very useful.

But this one doesn't want to work...It states,

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I am running SMF 1.1.4

I know it is just a minor glitch....I am sure you will have it up and running as soon time allows you to...

Thanks for some great mods!!!!

damnitmike

Instead of using  the Package Manager from the very start, I downloaded the mod from the link here, and uploaded it through Package Manager, and it worked......

Thanks again.

labradors

Ummmm...why does the Sources/Subs.php file continue to have the author's Amazon Associate IDs, even after one sets one's own ID in the Post Settings?

$temp = array('com'=>'youp0f-20','co.uk'=>'youposcom-21','ca'=>'youposcom-20','co.jp' =>'','de'=>'','fr'=>'');

karlbenson

It shouldn't.
If you set a site, it should ignore those.

Crap. In fact those shouldn't be there.  They were my temporary test ones, I was meant to comment or remove that line.

Anyways I had started a new version somewhere, definately without those.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

labradors

Thanks for your VERY quick reply.

Is there anything special we should do for this, or will an update be on the way?

Otherwise, this looks like a great mod, and I can't wait to see how it goes.

Thanks again!

karlbenson

I am in the process of updating all of my mods (especially to support the forthcoming SMF 2.0).
Its just a case of when I get around to updating this mod.

Last time I tested this mod, it worked properly.

humbleworld

karl, how does the link look like? Does it look like a live url? Do I need to configure something in my Amazon login area for your MOD to work in my forum site?

karlbenson

Other than registering and getting your amazon affiliate id. Nothing via Amazon login is needed.
(remember .com/.de/.co.uk etc all have separate sites, so you will need to register with each).

humbleworld

I already registered in Amazon and my account is active, but I did not see a live url in my post linking to a product in Amazon.

humbleworld

Is there anyone here who is using this MOD? I wish to see your website how Karl's MOD works. Thank you for posting your sample website where I can find this MOD running perfectly.

Advertisement: