News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Members and groups

Started by Jonny555, November 02, 2004, 05:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny555

Hi

I'm new here and have only just installed the forum software.  It's so different to Invisionboard and I'm struggling a little, well a lot really.

I've run a search, but couldn't find my answer. Please forgive me if I've overlooked it.

My question is how do I put members into the groups.  I need a couple on super moderators and a few in the normal moderator group (renamed professional).

Give me two or three days and I will become a charter member.  I just need to get the forum up and running for all my members.  Their biting at my heels.

[Unknown]

To put a member in a group, you go to their profile.  For example, if I wanted to make you a "super moderator" (we call them global moderators) I would do the following:

1. Click your name, to go to your profile.  If I had this whim without a link in front of me, I would search the member list.
2. Go to Account Related Settings.
3. Change the Primary Membergroup to Global Modeator.
4. Hit save.

I guess it's not as simple as 1, 2, 3... but it's only a bit more complex :P ;).

-[Unknown]

Jonny555

Thank you.

I was looking all over Admin for the option.

I've had the worst day imaginable and probably way too tired for doing all this setting up.

Will get that sorted so my staff can do some of the work.

Will definitely become charter member within next couple of days.  Something tells me it would be a very wise thing for me to do.  I've a lot to learn with this software, but I'm very impressed and the number of features is superb.

Grudge

Plus for your other question, to add people as moderators, you need to add them to the list of "moderators" on the board you want them to moderate, as moderators only have moderation powers on boards you assign them to.
I'm only a half geek really...

Jonny555

Thanks for that.  I had found that one, but needed them in groups to allow access to the staff area.

I'm starting to find my way around now and I think it's the dogs dangly bits.

I'm looking forward to becoming much more involved here.

Advertisement: