News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

changing 'users active' default

Started by saw, November 03, 2004, 01:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saw

How do I change the 'users active' default from 15 mintues to something like 'today'? It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it. (Could be my eyes are too teary from the recent election results...)

ryanbsoftware

umm their is a who was online today mod avalible under the mods section. ;)

saw

Says the holy interface: 'no mods currently installed', so I guess that means I have to install one (or more?), which means I have to understand what they're all about first... it's gonna have to wait.

Thanks, though.

Oldiesmann

Admin -> Edit Features and Options -> User online time threshold

To get it to show all the users active that day, change that number to 1440 (24 hours). However, I recommend you check out the "Users Online Today" mod that's floating around here someplace. That will allow you to show the name of every member who visited the board at some time during the current day without losing the "users active in the past x minutes" feature.

EDIT: Check this out. http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=33
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

saw

saw

....although for some reason it didn't work as expected. It showed 'users active in last 1440 minutes: [me]'. It's a fledgling forum, but truly, it was a tad busier than that today.

Oldiesmann

It will start working as time goes on. The reason it doesn't work yet is because previously it only kept that information for 15 minutes and then got rid of it, so it doesn't have any idea who was online more than 15 minutes ago. By this time tomorrow it will be working properly.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

saw

and verily there is a reason for everything. thanks again

Advertisement: