[Solved]Can't Add a Poll

Started by codenaught, November 03, 2004, 04:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codenaught

Hello, I seem to be finding that I currently can't add a poll to a topic. So when I post the topic using a poll when I first post it, it will work, but not when adding a poll to a topic. Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking it could be a mod installed as I have a number of mods installed on my forum.

What happens is I go to a topic, I go to where there is the Add Poll button and I click on it, I even see the poll screen I fill in all of the poll options and settings and when I submit it, it acts like it was never submitted just returns to the topic without a poll.

I am currently using the latest version, RC2.

Any ideas?

ISSUES RESOLVED
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

A.M.A

Please check if the Post.template.php is RC2 .. what Mods have you installed!
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

codenaught

My post.template.php file says it is RC2.

My Mods I have installed are:
Ultimate Shoutbox   1.2      
Message Icon Manager    1.11    
Topic Ratings    1.0    
Buddy List    1.11    
Member Specific Permissions    
Manage Holidays MOD    1.01    
SMF 1.0 RC2 Fix Package    1.0    
OnLine Users Today    1.1    
Visual Warning / Post Moderation    1.2    
Automatic BBC    1.0    
Redirection Boards - Core    1.11    
Message Icon Manager (Quick Reply)    1.2    
Faster Parsecode    1.00    
SMF Arcade    1.0 Beta 4    
Table From CSV    1.10    

I know quite a few,  >:( ;) but the package manager just makes it so easy! And I am feature hungry  ;D

So any of these you think could be effecting it?

Remember: I am having problems adding polls to an already existing topic, not from making new poll topics. When I attempt to add a poll everything seems fine, the poll options are all there it is just when I submit it is there a problem as the poll doesn't show up, just the same topic.

Dev Consultant

A.M.A

Well, with all these Mod it will be hard to figure if any one of them modified post.template.php or the source files .. could you send me a copy of your Post.template.php and Post.php and I'll try to find out what is causing the problem.

am assuming you have set the 'Add poll to topics' permission right.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

codenaught

Well I just replaced a clean Post.php file over the modded one and it works fine. I didn't really see much changed anyway, the only mods I saw that edited post.php were:

Visual Warning / Post Moderation
Message Icon Manager

both seem to still work but if they didn't I wouldn't care so much. So thank you for indirectly telling me that post.php could be the problem  :)

Now, I know this is off subject, but this is my topic, and I don't think it really needs a new topic, can someone tell me where I can find what could be causing this extra ?> on the top of every page of my forum that you can see here: http://www.virtuadarkness.host-dot.com/forum/index.php
Dev Consultant

A.M.A

Glad you have solved your problem
as for the second one .. maybe something not right with your index.temlate.php

Advertisement: