News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[FREE] Some help getting with old version -> new

Started by CainIV, November 04, 2004, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CainIV

Hi guys. I had Yabbse version 1.5.1 installed on my server, and it was up and running fine. The php version on that server was 4.1. Recently the server compnay changed php version to 4.3.3, and when users tried to access the forum, this error was shown:

hxxp:www.sacreddrumming.com/yabbse/index.php [nonactive]

this is the phptest file url:

hxxp:www.sacreddrumming.com/test.php [nonactive]

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I assumed this problem was with the php version, so after trying to fix it, I instead decided to install SMF overtop the older yabbse installation, hoping that would bring it up to date. The SMF installed fine, but when i went to access the forum, still the same problem. Any suggestions guys?

hxxp:www.topweddingfavors.com [nonactive]
hxxp:www.my-wedding-blog.com [nonactive]
hxxp:www.gdohosting.com [nonactive]

Douglas

Is this your server, or is it a shared hosting server?  The people that manage the server appear to not have compiled php correctly.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Oldiesmann

First of all, they're running PHP as CGI (some people think this will make PHP more "secure", but it really just makes things a pain for users). Make sure index.php is chmodded to exactly 755.

Second, when I click on that link I got a message saying "/yabbse/index.php was not found on this server."...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Do you still have your YaBB SE database?  It can still be used, and your forum is not lost.

--> Administration and Functionality.

-[Unknown]

CainIV

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

It is not a shared server, and I'm not very familiar with the advantages of php with cgi etc. I know the forum was up and working fine right until the php was upgraded.

I have a dump of the Yabb SE database and have since installed SMF on another server. Is it possible to import this into the newer board and keep all of my members etc.

I have backed up the YabbSE board from the last server and have all those files as well...

Oldiesmann

You can import all the SMF info into an empty SMF database as long as either the database tables both have the same name or your MySQL dump includes the table structure queries...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

It would be best to put YaBB SE back up, restore the backup, get it working... and then use the upgrade package from SMF to convert the YaBB SE to SMF.

-[Unknown]

CainIV

Advertisement: