ApolloBB

Started by zwaldowski, September 06, 2007, 09:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglecat

Quote from: zwaldowski on September 09, 2007, 08:31:33 PM
You can enable a news fader on the front page in the options. 

Ok, I did that, but it doesn't rotate all the sayings. It just sits on the first one permanently.

EDIT: Never mind. It's working now.
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join us at Christian Discussions 

feretro

I love this Themes! Can I install it on a Spanish site? Do I have to make any change?
-------------------

http://feretromc.com.ar/foro/index.php
SMF 1.1.3
Themes: ApolloBB modificado | Siempre en español

zwaldowski

Yeah, you must create a Settings.spanish.php or Settings.spanish-utf8.php in the ApolloBB/languages/ directory, or else you won't be able to edit any of the settings.

------------------------
Help me win an iPod, or maybe a Wii!

junglecat

Quote from: junglecat on September 09, 2007, 09:33:41 AM
I installed this and there is no news box. How do I add that at the top.

I still need the regular newsbox, not the fader. Is there any way to add that in?
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
Join us at Christian Discussions 

zwaldowski

Give me thirty minutes from now, and I'll upload ApolloBB 1.2.  It has many new features.

------------------------

zwaldowski

ApolloBB 1.2 released

It is recommended that all users update to this release.

Updates/Fixes:

• Added new bar above the navigation bar, containing a random news line (if enabled) and the date.
  • The date has been removed from the linktree.
  • The color selection box has been moved inside the member bar.
  • The contract/expand trigger icon has been moved inside to the color selection box's old position.
  • The board index has been partially redesigned, looking more like the original Apollo theme.
  • Cleaned up and altered the topic display
  • You can now move a poll into the topic section.
  • Cleaned up some images and removed artifacts.
  • Added MessageIndex icon seperation option.

Upgrading:
From version 1.0:  To upgrade to version 1.2, you must remove the theme, remove the "Apollo" folder from your Themes directory, and install ApolloBB 1.2.

From version 1.0.2:  To upgrade to version 1.2, you must upload the new files via FTP.  Make sure all of the files are overwritten.  Next, enter the options for ApolloBB (Enter the administration section, go to "Themes and Layout", select the "Manage and Install" tab, and click on the header that says "Apollo (1.1)" or something similar.  If you are currently using Apollo, you can just go to the admin and click "Current Theme" in the left sidebar).  Under the header "Theme URLs and Configuration," change the box that says "This theme's name:" to ApolloBB.  Next, scroll down and change at least one option and then click save.  This updates your database for the new options so errors aren't caused.

----------------

Thank you, again, for downloading ApolloBB.  Please continue to suggest new features, options, etc.

------------------------

fortest

Very nice theme, zwaldowski... :)
I really like the slick and modern look of the theme. Nice color combinations, too...

I do have some minor gripes, though...

• I think the board name column is too wide, and the last post column is too narrow. I also prefer that the topics and posts columns merged into one column, like in the previous version...

• I feel that the size of the board icon (on.gif, off.gif) is too big. Maybe reducing their size a little bit will be nice.

• Some images have a white border around them (useroff.gif, profile_sm.gif, quick_sticky.gif, stats_info.gif, etc.)

• The white patch on the upper part of bar.gif. It looks really bad when viewing Posting Activity By Time bars...

Other than that, I think you've done a very good job on this theme... I'm certainly looking forward to the next version... with tableless layout, perhaps?  ;D

By the way, can I use a logo that is wider than 325x89 pixel with this theme??

Thanks and keep up the good work...

zwaldowski

Quote from: fortest on September 16, 2007, 10:50:19 PM
    Very nice theme, zwaldowski... :)
    I really like the slick and modern look of the theme. Nice color combinations, too...

I do have some minor gripes, though...

• I think the board name column is too wide, and the last post column is too narrow. I also prefer that the topics and posts columns merged into one column, like in the previous version...
    • I feel that the size of the board icon (on.gif, off.gif) is too big. Maybe reducing their size a little bit will be nice.
    • Some images have a white border around them (useroff.gif, profile_sm.gif, quick_sticky.gif, stats_info.gif, etc.)
    • The white patch on the upper part of bar.gif. It looks really bad when viewing Posting Activity By Time bars...

Other than that, I think you've done a very good job on this theme... I'm certainly looking forward to the next version... with tableless layout, perhaps?  ;D

By the way, can I use a logo that is wider than 325x89 pixel with this theme??

Thanks and keep up the good work...

Alright, let me respond:

• I'll probably fix the width of the board name column in the next bugfix.  I also might put in the topics and posts as an option in the next version.
    • The board icon is one of the smallest I've seen in SMF themes, so I won't see myself reducing it any more.
    • I don't see this in any browser.  What are you using?  Can I have an example?
    • I hadn't noticed bar.gif was used for the bar graphs, too.  Will be fixed.  EDIT:  It appears that this isn't even mine!  It was a Dilber MC thing, I'll fix it.

Wider logo? Yes, as long as it doesn't reach too far, remember to acknowledge login/search boxes, forum name, and fluid width.  Height, I'm not sure, but I think it will work fine.

Tableless will be on its way, as soon as IE has better support for backgrounds.   >:(   (Everything except IE will get the layout to work, specifically the side shadows, with position:fixed, however, IE doesn't work at all).[/list]

------------------------

feretro

How can I add a funtion that lets moderator o admins move a messeage in this themes?
    -------------------

SMF 1.1.3

fortest

Quote from: zwaldowski on September 17, 2007, 04:50:51 PM

Alright, let me respond:

• I'll probably fix the width of the board name column in the next bugfix.  I also might put in the topics and posts as an option in the next version.
      • The board icon is one of the smallest I've seen in SMF themes, so I won't see myself reducing it any more.
      • I don't see this in any browser.  What are you using?  Can I have an example?
      • I hadn't noticed bar.gif was used for the bar graphs, too.  Will be fixed.  EDIT:  It appears that this isn't even mine!  It was a Dilber MC thing, I'll fix it.

Wider logo? Yes, as long as it doesn't reach too far, remember to acknowledge login/search boxes, forum name, and fluid width.  Height, I'm not sure, but I think it will work fine.

Tableless will be on its way, as soon as IE has better support for backgrounds.   >:(   (Everything except IE will get the layout to work, specifically the side shadows, with position:fixed, however, IE doesn't work at all).[/list]

I'm using Opera 9.23. Here's a couple of screenshots...

In the 1st screenshot, stats_info.gif, stats_posters.gif, stats_replies.gif, stats_views.gif have some kind of white border around them... compare them with stats_board.gif which looks cleaner without the white border...

In the 2nd screenshot, the sticky topic icon also has this white border...

zwaldowski

Oh, that's a scaling issue.  I noticed that today, I didn't know that's what you were talking about.  I'll probably have to hack around in the template to get the images to render small.

As for the second screenshot, the sticky icon is supposed to have the border:  it's in the image.

------------------------

segrob

I am the one attain put in new button

some myself he helps

// Arcade    
          echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
      <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
      <a href="http://www.mundo-digital-sat.com/forum/index.php?action=arcade">Salao de Jogos</a>
      </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

// TV
      if (!$context['in_maintenance'])
      echo ($current_action=='tv' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
      <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'tv' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
      <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tv" onclick="window.open(\'', $scripturl, '?action=tv\',\'' .$txt['tv_modname']. '\',\'height=375,width=544\'); return false;">' .$txt['tv_modname']. '</a>
      </td>' , $current_action == 'tv' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

// Radio
      echo ($current_action=='radio' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
      <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'radio' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
      <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=radio" onclick="window.open(\'', $scripturl, '?action=radio\',\'' .$txt['radio_modname']. '\',\'height=265,width=553\'); return false;">' .$txt['radio_modname']. '</a>
      </td>' , $current_action == 'radio' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

zwaldowski

That code will look like this:

// Arcade    
      echo '
      <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade" ' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'class="nav_important"' : '' , '>Salao de Jogos</a>&nbsp;|';

// TV
      echo '
      <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tv" ' , $current_action == 'tv' ? 'class="nav_important"' : '' , ' onclick="window.open(\'', $scripturl, '?action=tv\',\'' .$txt['tv_modname']. '\',\'height=375,width=544\'); return false;">' , $txt['tv_modname'] , '</a>&nbsp;|';

// Radio
      if (!$context['in_maintenance']);
      echo '
      <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=radio" ' , $current_action == 'radio' ? 'class="nav_important"' : '' , ' onclick="window.open(\'', $scripturl, '?action=radio\',\'' .$txt['radio_modname']. '\',\'height=265,width=553\'); return false;">' , $txt['radio_modname'] , '</a>&nbsp;|';

------------------------

segrob

5*********

thanks a lot :D

netridge

I like this theme, any chance you can do a tinyportal port?

zwaldowski

Crip made one, though it hasn't been updated for the new version.  I'll try to get one together in the next couple of days.

------------------------

danielgc

I just want to thank you for the theme, it is really great!

One little suggestion: one of my member noted that the links inside a post are not different than the rest of the text. Searching in this board and google, I came to modify styles.css adding:

.post a:link, .post a:visited
      {
              color: #333;
              font-weight: bold;
          text-decoration:none;
           color: #000000;
           border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
           border-style: none none dashed none;
      }

and you can see it in action here: http://fit.um.edu.mx/foros/index.php?topic=13.msg1486#msg1486

Thx again! A tinyportal for this theme would make me try it :)

segrob

I find this thema 5 ************** but I think that banner it had to be to the center and power to put banner atraves of the panel of administracao!

feretro

Alguien tiene identificado que es cada cosa en el CSS de este tema?
      -------------------

SMF 1.1.3

zwaldowski

Quote from: danielgc on September 20, 2007, 12:13:11 PM
      I just want to thank you for the theme, it is really great!

One little suggestion: one of my member noted that the links inside a post are not different than the rest of the text. Searching in this board and google, I came to modify styles.css adding:

.post a:link, .post a:visited
      {
              color: #333;
              font-weight: bold;
          text-decoration:none;
           color: #000000;
           border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
           border-style: none none dashed none;
      }

and you can see it in action here: http://fit.um.edu.mx/foros/index.php?topic=13.msg1486#msg1486

Thx again! A tinyportal for this theme would make me try it :)

Thanks, that will be altered and added.

------------------------

Advertisement: