ApolloBB

Started by zwaldowski, September 06, 2007, 09:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielgc

I found this bug on index.template.php:

<div class="pm_new" style="text-align:center"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">', $txt[660], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'], ' ', $context['user']['unred_messages'] == 1 ? $txt[471] : $txt[153], '.  ', $txt[661], ' ', $txt[662], ' ', $txt[663], '</a></div>';

That "unred_meesages" shouldn't be unread? or read?

zwaldowski

Yes, it should.  20 points for you.  :-D

------------------------
Help me win an iPod, or maybe a Wii!

Kirsty

Hi,

I have recently installed this theme and really like it, but would like to change a few things.

When you hover over each room the background changes colour and moves.  Is there a way to stop this?

Also just wondering if there is anyway to alter the last poster on the index page to having just the posters name and date and also if there's a way of having how many members are on the board down the bottom in the Forum Stats box.

Thanks
Kirsty

m@d

I have got this error Message

Quote8: Undefined index: unred_messages
Datei: /home/shareyou/public_html/smf/Themes/ApolloBB/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Zeile: 490

any solution  ???

zwaldowski

Sorry, this is supposed to be patched in the newest version.

If you can open up index.template.php, look for the following line:
         <div id="pm_new" style="text-align:center"><a class="hoverbox" href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">', $txt[660], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'], ' ', $context['user']['unred_messages'] == 1 ? $txt[471] : $txt[153], '.  ', $txt[661], ' ', $txt[662], ' ', $txt[663], '</a></div>';

Replace it with:
         <div id="pm_new" style="text-align:center"><a class="hoverbox" href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">', $txt[660], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] == 1 ? $txt[471] : $txt[153], '.  ', $txt[661], ' ', $txt[662], ' ', $txt[663], '</a></div>';

Also make sure you've followed the upgrade instructions, if you get any other Undefined index errors, however this should be the only one.

------------------------

m@d

okay thank you will test ist out !

One question , how can i change the width of the theme?

Fall3nangel

This is an awesome theme ;)

I've installed it but I had to remove it again :( every time a forum page loads it always says 'done but with errors' with the yellow upside down exclamation triangle, how can i stop this from happening? I really want to use this theme! ;)

danielgc

hello, my forum it is not showing properly on IE7 (http://fit.um.edu.mx/foros ): the board title is misplaced and the news fader isn't working :(

Any idea, plz?

TIA!

scottps6

Hi I love the theme it is awesome! Anyone know how to edit the Profile link text to user cp? i'm sure it is to do with the $txt[74] part but when i change it the link disappears.  Many thanks.

Fall3nangel

I tried it again and i'm still getting all the errors, why is this happening? this is what i get:~

zwaldowski

What's the error?  I don't have IE7 (yet).  Just double-click on the little error icon and copy+paste the error.

Error fader works in every browser for my... either (a) change the timing in the theme settings, or (b) toss me a video.

EDIT:

Quote from: scottps6 on September 26, 2007, 05:21:06 PM
Hi I love the theme it is awesome! Anyone know how to edit the Profile link text to user cp? i'm sure it is to do with the $txt[74] part but when i change it the link disappears.  Many thanks.

The User CP mod by Alan_S?  If so, look in index.template.php for:
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(

and add in that line:
'usercp',

Also, the following (in the profile link):
$txt[79]

is supposed to be replaced with:
$txt['usercp']

I also have a special template and images for usercp.  PM me if you want the package.

------------------------

zwaldowski

On the subject of IE7 titles:  IE7 doesn't properly support the display:table (for vertical-align) like other browsers do; it also doesn't support the IE6 fix for title displaying.  I might just either use a table for the header or disable it in IE entirely.

------------------------

Fall3nangel

Thanks for the reply ;)

Ok, these are the errors:~

My news fader isn't working  :(

Also, is there a way of stopping the rollover effect on the main board listing?

and can I change the colour of the message boxes to white? because we post loads of images in our forums with white backgrounds ;)

Thankyou!  O:)

danielgc

thx a lot for your work with this theme, zwaldowski!

Just for the records, IE7 sucks, I use Opera and Firefox, but some users of my board use it :(

It would be nice your CP :) plz share it too :)

zwaldowski

I fixed both the PreloadFlag and smfFadeContent errors, I'll the new version (with new features and fixes) sometime tomorrow.

------------------------

zwaldowski

Sorry for the double post.

ApolloBB 1.2.5 released

It is recommended that all users update to this release.

Updates/Fixes:

• Cleaned up CSS.
  • Added seperate windowbg images, now giving a cleaner look.
  • Added new bar above the navigation bar, containing a random news line (if enabled) and the date.
  • Added an option to set a fixed width
  • Display bugs in header fixed
  • Partially redesigned MessageIndex
  • Added SMF 1.1.4 compatibility (really hard stuff!)
  • Removed IE errors, the page now loads without problems
  • Fixed message fader
  • Cleaned up footer
  • Added Mod language file for increased language compatibility (read below)
  • All kinds of tweaks that I'm forgetting

Upgrading:
From version 1.0:  To upgrade to version 1.2.5, you must remove the theme, remove the "Apollo" folder from your Themes directory, and install ApolloBB 1.2.

From version 1.0.2 or 1.2:  To upgrade to version 1.2.5, you must upload the new files via FTP.  Make sure all of the files are overwritten.  Next, enter the options for ApolloBB (Enter the administration section, go to "Themes and Layout", select the "Manage and Install" tab, and click on the header that says "Apollo (1.1)" or something similar.  If you are currently using Apollo, you can just go to the admin and click "Current Theme" in the left sidebar).  Under the header "Theme URLs and Configuration," change the box that says "This theme's name:" to ApolloBB.  Next, scroll down and change at least one option and then click save.  This updates your database for the new options so errors aren't caused.

Important info for users with mods installed:
ApolloBB 1.2.5 includes a Modifications.english.php file for increased language compatibility with the theme itself.  If you have any mods installed that edit the SMF Core theme's Modifications.english.php, you must add them here as well.  Make sure not to overwrite any data in ApolloBB's language file, but also make sure to copy all the data in SMF's language file to it.

----------------

Thank you, again, for downloading ApolloBB.  Please continue to suggest new features, options, etc.

------------------------

Fall3nangel

Thankyou!!!!!  ;D  :-*

everythings working all lovely with noooooo errors at all ;)

Thanks for the awesome theme, excellent work!  ;)

edy_0906

thanks zwaldowski for the update for this nice theme...

but I've found a minor bug with the bars in the Statistics Center...

zwaldowski

Do they stretch?  It was an intended effect, I'll replace it with a 1x1 block in the next bugfix update.

------------------------

emaredee

Hi, I love this theme!  Very clean and well-organized.

Which code do I have to edit to remove the Info Center (the "Hello, [username]" box)?

I'm using Tiny Portal, so it's not necessary in my forum.

Thanks,
emaredee

Advertisement: