News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HTM Includes? Need to post news on the HOME page HELP!!

Started by Team Green Racing, November 05, 2004, 10:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Green Racing

Hello all!

I'm in the process of putting together a redesigned website for a professional motocrosser and would like to make it EASY for him to post news on his front page. I don't know how to code in PHP. I'm working with another guy who's doing the actually hard coding. I'm just wanting to stick an Include statement in the htm coding to allow what's posted in the NEWS thread of his forums to show up on the front (home) page of the website. I was told that this forum allows that and I see that there are instructions for PHP coding that into a website...but since I'm not coding in PHP I was wondering if there was a way to do it in a normal .htm webpage?

Any help would be much appreciated. Please try to keep it plain and simple as I'm not a coding wizard either! (maybe that was already grossly apparent? lol)

Thanks in advance.

CapriSkye

so his forum is smf i assumed? you should check out ssi_examples.php, and search for tutorial on how to do ssi here, you might find what you want.

[Unknown]

You can't include other files in html files without iframes, which look horrible.  I suppose a javascript format for SSI is possible, but then you're leaving out anyone with JavaScript off.

You're going to have to use SSI (shtml) or PHP.  Look at ssi_examples.shtml.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: