News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Guest can not register

Started by DWagner, November 06, 2004, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWagner

Hey Guys,

ive a problem. my users cant register. if they fill out the fields, and aktivate the agreement button and press on register button nothing happens.

- i use SMF 1.0 RC2.
- No Cookies aktivated (local or global)
- user registzration is setting on self aktivation with no confirmation mail
- as admin i can register a new member
- i use IE6

What can it be?  ???

Sorry for my english  :D & Thanks for Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Tristan Perry

Yeah this seems to be some sort of new (But annoying) feature with RC2. I've made a post about it as well, but haven't really been answered:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19111.0

[Unknown]

Again, for security reasons you are not allowed to register twice in a row.

If you want to manually register members, do it from the admin center.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 06, 2004, 05:26:09 PM
Again, for security reasons you are not allowed to register twice in a row.

If you want to manually register members, do it from the admin center.

-[Unknown]
But if the first registration messes up, you can't register for hours. I can understand you taking measures to prevent flooding, but shouldn't there at least be an error message? Or a way to disabled this under the admin panel? I've have many tell me that they've tried to sign-up but nothing happens, and having to 4 new members a day by hand would get really annoying..

[Unknown]

If they messed up, they can go and change their email address from "did you miss your activation email?"

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 07, 2004, 07:14:05 AM
If they messed up, they can go and change their email address from "did you miss your activation email?"

-[Unknown]
Sorry.. I think I'm getting you confused, I'm talking about when registering, if you don't fill in your username or something (And an error is shown), you try to register again, and when you hit the register button, the page just refreshes. I'm not talking about registering twice in a row (Sorry for confusion!)

[Unknown]

The double-registration prevention only happens after the welcome email has been SUCCESSFULLY sent.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 07, 2004, 06:59:13 PM
The double-registration prevention only happens after the welcome email has been SUCCESSFULLY sent.

-[Unknown]
Strange, on my forums, whenever someone tries to regsiter, and it shows an error message (E.g 'Fill in username') then you click on register again (action=register) and fill in the details, click the button and the page just resfreshes...

[Unknown]

I just tested it, and was able to register after getting a series of more than just one error.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: