News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Most Popular Topic Today

Started by vbgamer45, September 15, 2007, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

2,0 is nearing a stable release each day thats where modders and themers are spending most of there time.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

sharks

Any chance you could update this to work with SMF 1.1.12?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

recived

LIMIT 5' - not work. Displaying only 5 in a row but again only one. please help

nicor2k

Thanks Scrooge for taking over this nice mod, with a little "handwork" it also runs on 1.0.x - tested :)

Does anyone has an idea about how to show the most popular topic counted by the VIEWS, not the REPLIES? Just an idea how to change the sql query :)

If someone is interested: If you do not want to display the most popular topic from the last 24 hours but just from this day, use this code instead of the original time-variables:

$stunde = date('G');
   $minute = date('l');
   $sekunden = ((($stunde * 60) + $minute) * 60);
   $time1 = time();
   $time2 = (time() - $sekunden);

You can now use "time1" and "time2".

xrunner

It has a built-in spelling error - if no one has replied today you see this -

QuoteSorry, no-one hes replied today

xrunner

It also causes the 2 types of errors shown below to appear in the error log. When the mod is removed the errors stop occurring.

2: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Invalid arguments passed
File: /home/thesite9/public_html/test/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 290

8: Undefined variable: user_info
File: /home/thesite9/public_html/test/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 290

Deaks

thanks for posting these ill look into them in my next mod updates session
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

SteveW

Hi - fantastic mod!

Is there a way of doing this within a PHP block? - I'm using Simpleportal and would love to see this on the frontpage :)

Thanks
Watch the skies!!

Casal

It´s doesn´t work in LIMIT 5

Any suggestion please.
♫♪♫♪

tuantt

Hi Runic,

I found your's mod is very indeed. I would like to ask how to convert it to a function that I can put in ssi. I need a function to show most popular topic of the day on my webpage out side the forum

Realinfo

How we can put it in simple portal Block................

sharks

Hi Runic

In the first post of this topic, there is a typo error as it should be: Most Popular Topic

snooks

Question, on the images attached to this mod i see it shows "most popular topic in last 24 hours" after i installed this mod on my site i see only "most popular topic" is there a reason for this and how to make it show "in last 24 hours"

thanks nice mod

jaisi

Realinfo

Quote from: snooks on January 17, 2012, 09:56:36 AM
Question, on the images attached to this mod i see it shows "most popular topic in last 24 hours" after i installed this mod on my site i see only "most popular topic" is there a reason for this and how to make it show "in last 24 hours"

thanks nice mod

/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

$txt['most_popular_topic_today'] = 'Most Popular Topic in Last 24 Hours';

snooks

Thank you Realinfo but i have a problem i think in my themes/default/languages/ i have index.english.php~ and cannot be opened anyone any idea why my index.english.php has a ~ after it please ?

thank you

Realinfo

Quote from: snooks on January 18, 2012, 01:55:18 PM
Thank you Realinfo but i have a problem i think in my themes/default/languages/ i have index.english.php~ and cannot be opened anyone any idea why my index.english.php has a ~ after it please ?

thank you

Do u have index.english.php, if not then u need to have that............ index.english.php~ is somewhat duplicate copy of index.english.php

braddasexy

Quote from: Casal on April 24, 2011, 07:03:07 AM
It´s doesn´t work in LIMIT 5

Any suggestion please.

I tried this too and it doesn't list the 5 most popular topics.  Also I would love to see a PHP version of this too as I would like to put it in a block as I am using Tiny Portal.  Any chance of seeing any of this?  Thanks so much!

snooks

Quote from: Realinfo on January 18, 2012, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: snooks on January 18, 2012, 01:55:18 PM

thank you

Do u have index.english.php, if not then u need to have that............ index.english.php~ is somewhat duplicate copy of index.english.php
Sorry for late reply, no I just have index.english.php~

Advertisement: