Asking for your advice / help

Started by TGF_Ian, September 22, 2007, 06:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGF_Ian

Hi there..

I was wondering if any of you experts, could take a look at my site, and offer any advice on what you think I could do to make it a more enjoyable experience for my members.

I look qat it compared to other sites,, and I feel that it is very basic, and I just dont know what the capabilities are,, or what I should be doing that could improve it.

I am quite new to SMF and TP but I am keen on getting it right, and learning and developing my skills, so that maybe I could help other in the future. I think it is an amazing system, and have really fallen for it,, in fact, my relationship is suffering,, and i think I may be in love... (hehehe)...

I know you are all busy, but if you could spare 2 mins to take a look, i would be really greatfull.

Thanks in advance  :)

Ian.

Site : www.tg-force.co.uk

Niteblade

Ok, first of all you're using the default theme. This isn't necessarily a negative thing, however, you need a theme that reflects what your community is about. In this manner, the contents of your forum post as well as your theme will give visitors a clear idea as to what your site is all about.

Having scrolling text is a personal preference. In my case, I don't like seeing stuff that moves alot.

You have a small number of categories -- this is a good thing because your forum doesn't seem overwhelming, however, I would add some kind of descriptions to the categories.
affiliate blog

TGF_Ian

Thanks,, I appreciate your comments, and I will take them on board, Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

I do worry a lot about changing the theme because of all of the mods that I have installed...

Advertisement: