News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

database went kaboom... someone please help *begs*

Started by LostProphecy, November 11, 2004, 10:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostProphecy

long story as to why our site got to this stage... so i wont bother explaining... but basicly our mysql database lost about 1.5months of posts and data... we had a backup from 2 weeks ago that we wanted to attempt to overwrite this "lost data database"... after several attempts of it just plain not working, i ended up deleting the database with the hope of just starting a fresh and uploading the backup database... i've tried it...

after i got to the "restoring database" page (had miles and miles of code running down the page) it stated that the database restore was done (you know that little done thing you get in IE)

but it's not... this is the error i get at my site

Table 'kodee_yabbse.yabbse_settings' doesn't exist

my other tech guy has attempted it, but the uploader blew up his computer (in his words anyway ;))

can anyone please help me with this?
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

[Unknown]

What did you use to restore the database?

-[Unknown]

LostProphecy

i went into cpanel and in backup and used the restore mysql option (the one where you browse your computer for the file and just click upload)
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

LostProphecy

it appears in myphpadmin to only have restored half the tables, everything from yabbse_messages and down is missing

the backup in compressed form was 20mb and 153 uncompressed... and cpanel is showing the mysql to only be about 78mb... so it appears as though half of it is missing somewhere *shrugs*
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

[Unknown]

Okay, can you try the restore_backup.php utility I'm attaching here?

Please note that I'm still testing this utility, but at least it's better than nothing.

-[Unknown]

LostProphecy

so very true ;)... right now we have nothing... so i'm all out to try anything :)

i'll get kodee right onto it now :)

~Jessi
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

LostProphecy

Okay, this is Kodee.

I've got the restore utility currently working. Seems to be going fine. Here's the issue...I deleted our old database - made a new one under the same name..But I just realized I have no clue what the old database password was. And our forums are set to that old password. How can I change it to the new one?

Kodee.
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Advertisement: