News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Enigma released into BETA

Started by Haase, October 09, 2003, 12:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer Possum

:o is right... this will be awsome...

Kris

I'm curious bout SMF in a portal.
I'm looking for one...

Raine

Just for clarifcation's sake.... So Enigma is not currently SMF ready? 

morph

Quote from: Raine on January 20, 2004, 10:25:26 PM
Just for clarifcation's sake.... So Enigma is not currently SMF ready? 

No, but what I have heard is that they are going to make a totally seperate portal with out YaBBSE in it. After that is done, I am sure you will be able to use SMF along with several other forum software. Can anyone back me up on this?

Coming soon!

Anguz

that's what I understood, although it sounded like it'll be more focused on SMF than others
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

mephisto_kur

That's the plan. ;)
Chances are SMF will still be the preferred forum for the portal, simply because we all come from a YSE\SMF background.  But the intent is to make the portal use simple and hopefully fast bridges to hook into other forum softwares.

Raine: the next version of our software and its compatibility with SMF relies on SMF eventually having a public release... ;)  We don't have permission to use SMF code while it is still in private beta, so we are effectively ignoring SMF until we have something we *are* allowed to work with.  Because of this, expect our release to be a bit further away than SMF's.  We are, on the other hand, making sure that we are keeping the YSE mod community open to us, and many of the more popular YSE mods, including ones that are being integrated into SMF, are available for use from our site in special versions that work with the code changes we've made.  We have also made sure to keep up with any security releases the YSE team have put out there.
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

Raine

Now that's good to hear!

Quote from: mephisto_kur on January 21, 2004, 01:32:36 PM
That's the plan. ;)
Chances are SMF will still be the preferred forum for the portal, simply because we all come from a YSE\SMF background.  But the intent is to make the portal use simple and hopefully fast bridges to hook into other forum softwares.

Raine: the next version of our software and its compatibility with SMF relies on SMF eventually having a public release... ;)  We don't have permission to use SMF code while it is still in private beta, so we are effectively ignoring SMF until we have something we *are* allowed to work with.  Because of this, expect our release to be a bit further away than SMF's.  We are, on the other hand, making sure that we are keeping the YSE mod community open to us, and many of the more popular YSE mods, including ones that are being integrated into SMF, are available for use from our site in special versions that work with the code changes we've made.  We have also made sure to keep up with any security releases the YSE team have put out there.

Oldiesmann

Awesome! That Dark Blue skin is really cool... I'm probably going to use this for my website at some point... I've got a big chat event coming up in early February, but after that, who knows?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ryan

Not much of a portal if u ask me, apart from the downloads part it looks like a site that has used some ssi on it :p

Coaxs

The portal suits my needs, perfectly. Couldn't ask for anything better.
Chemical Forums
www.chemicalforums.com

qersys

Quote from: M3THOD on April 26, 2004, 06:54:06 PM
Not much of a portal if u ask me, apart from the downloads part it looks like a site that has used some ssi on it :p

I guess you haven't used enigma then. Actually for people who do not need a "module" laden portal it is very nice to use. I think when the next version is released sans forum, it will be even better. If I remember correctly they said it will integrate nicely with SMF.

Advertisement: