News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.4 Search "brd" Bug Fix

Started by Kirby, October 08, 2007, 04:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby

Link to Mod

SUMMARY: This mod fixes the "8: Undefined index: brd" bug that fills up error logs in SMF 1.1.4. Fix information provided by Oldiesmann (oldiesmann [at] simplemachines [dot] org). Discussion here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=179068.
COMPATIBILITY: SMF 1.1.4 only.

VERSIONS:
   1.0- Initial release

Edit, Removed Direct email link.

Marook

Yeah, thats what i've searched for... thx !
SMF Rulez ;) | Meet me home ! | My Mods

Kimmie

I was getting these same errors in my error log so I installed this mod. It fixed the issue where it was filling up my error log everytime someone did a search but it caused a new issue.

I started having issues with the actual searches. The issue was that when you searched for a topic (that you knew was on the forum), the topic would not show up in the search results at all.

I uninstalled the bug fix thinking that might be the cause and it was. Removing the fix corrected the issue of it not finding the topic you search for, but now I am getting the errors in my error log again that this fix was meant to fix.

I wanted to alert you to this so you can check it out and possible fix the "fix"  lol.

Antechinus

Has anyone else had the same problem as Kimmie or has this mod been operating flawlessly for everyone else?
I'd like to install it but not if it's going to cause other glitches.

Marook

SMF Rulez ;) | Meet me home ! | My Mods

Kimmie

Quote from: antechinus on January 31, 2008, 09:15:43 PM
Has anyone else had the same problem as Kimmie or has this mod been operating flawlessly for everyone else?
I'd like to install it but not if it's going to cause other glitches.

My issue finally resolved itself and I no longer need the bug fix. Seems now that the index it uses has built up quite a bit I am no longer seeing errors in the log. There is still an issue overall with the search feature not rendering the correct results, but hopefully once the makers of the forum software put their fingers on whats causing it, they will have it fixed in a future issue. That was already an issue before I installed the bug fix - but its getting better day by day. I think the indexing has alot to do with it - on "new" forums like mine :).

SpoogeBeast

Well this certainly emptied out my error log  :)

Well done Kirby.
Mick
SpoogeBeast [nofollow]

Kimmie

did the initial error ever get addressed/fixed on a later version of SMF (1.1.5 or later) or does this bug fix still need to be installed even to 1.1.8?

Advertisement: