General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baboontester

Quote from: Kindred on February 12, 2012, 04:19:44 PM
You don't have the same problem at all, since the menus were moved into a sources file instead of the template file in the 2.0 series.

look at the mod download page.
Find the section that says something like "Parse mod for manual install"

find the section that tells you to edit subs.php
confirm that the changes were actually made when you installed the mod.

Did that, all the changes were correctly entered in.

Kindred

If it's listed in the subs.php menu array, then it should be showing up in your menu...  unless you are working with a theme which does not respect the menu array.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jane77

Using Aeva Media 1.4w. Does anyone know if TED videos are supported? If not, how can that be added?

:-*

Jane

baboontester

The theme I am currently using uses the menu array's because I have changed / hidden / moved some of them around.  I just don't see the button array for the Aeva Media section.

Kindred

hen either you don't have it in the menu array, you are not using the menu array or you didn't add the txt strings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

liamtoo

I bought A E commercial a good while ago but wasn't ready for it so it sat in my hd for a long time. I've just installed it now and almost have it set up. I have a couple of questions I need help with but I seem to be locked out of the official forum.

The playlist feature doesn't appear to work. The playlist menu bar is visible but there's no dropdown anywhere. It is switched on in the membergroup permissions.

I need to limit users to one album and have achieved that by deselecting create album in membergroup permissions. But now the user has to go to media/albums and scroll down to find his album, in order to add an item. Is there any way to have the add item appear in the dropdown from home/album as it does for albums with create permissions?
Appreciate any help ... thanks.

baboontester

Quote from: Kindred on February 13, 2012, 08:42:52 PM
hen either you don't have it in the menu array, you are not using the menu array or you didn't add the txt strings.

Anyway you could post a button array for it please? It's not in the parse and  I can do basic stuff, but writing code ISN'T one of them. lol.

Kindred

It *IS* in the parse... Look for the edits to subs.php.
I don't hav my code handy, since I am working from a tablet right now
Слaва
Украинi

exteeyou

Greetings,

I installed 1.4w on SMF 2.0.2, but when I click the Media tab the URl changes but the data shown is as if I was on the main forum page. When I try to uninstall it, I see that NOTHING gets written but the installation says complete.  I could do a manual install, but I prefer to get the auto installer working for this mod the way it should. All other mods for me today installed just fine, so is clearly something on my end, just can't pinpoint it. Suggestions/Help anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

themavesite

When trying to install LITE on SMF 2.0.2

QuoteThere are no modifications installed that have added any settings to this area yet.

Though it tested successful and installed without warnings/errors

Any help??
TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

Jane77

m4v files display in their own window in Aeva media 1.4w, as do jpgs. However ppt files don't. I checked ppt is added to the file extension list. Any clues?

Jane

baboontester

Anyone willing to help me out here?  This is the parse for the 2.0.2 version and I don't see the code for the menu array anywhere.  Still have trouble trying to figure out my missing button situation.  Maybe I'm just totally missing something here.

ethankcvds

Quote from: baboontester on February 19, 2012, 11:52:53 AM
Anyone willing to help me out here?  This is the parse for the 2.0.2 version and I don't see the code for the menu array anywhere.  Still have trouble trying to figure out my missing button situation.  Maybe I'm just totally missing something here.

You parsed the instructions for Aeva Lite instead of Aeva Media.
No Pm's for support please!

baboontester

Yep, definitely feel like an idiot  ;D

I got it now. Thanks  :laugh:

ShakaDula14

Hi Guys,

Wondering if I can get a bit of help with this ...

Quote from: AevaThis copy of Aeva Media has an incorrect path set for the data folder. If you are the admin, make sure it is updated in your settings. Otherwise, contact them and have a good laugh. But not too much, it would be cruel.

I keep getting this message after installing Aeva1.4w and I can't seem to figure out what to do about it.

I've gone over this thread and forums a few times and I just can't make out what I'm supposed to do. The lines of code and questions melt into each other and I can't put it all together to sort the issue out.

I've changed the Data Folder path to the correct setting in the configuration page to

Quote"/public_html/site/forums/mgal_data"

and I changed the url to the appropriate url as well
"www dot site dot com/forums/mgal_data"

but that does not seem to do anything.

I'm scared to mess something up irreparably (I've done it in the past) if I keep farting around with this without knowing what buttons to push anymore.

Can someone please shed some light on what I am supposed to be doing to make this gallery work properly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
SD14

FrizzleFried

Is there an easy way to convert the hundreds of posts that include [youtube] tags to work with this mod?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Illori

run the aeva_convert_old_bbcodes.php file that is in the zip

Advertisement: