General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Kindred

Bobn, you need to relax an be somewhat patient.

Those errors are because your modifications.english.php, language file has the ?> in the wrong spot. It mst be at the END of he file, and nowhere else.

Try using search? This same question has been answered in lost every mod support thread
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

inter

I send a message that there are words and bbkod and the function aeva_outposting returns an error on empty response

in Post.php:
if (!empty($_POST['message']))
{
global $sourcedir;
@include_once($sourcedir . '/Aeva-Embed.php');
if (function_exists('aeva_onposting'))
$_POST['message'] = aeva_onposting($_POST['message']);
}
Sorry for my English

Bobn

Anyone had success with SMF 2.0.2 and the Gallery? I have it going but its not fully working. I would love to know if anybody has it going on 2.0.2 and how they made that happen  :-*

Thanks in advance

Kindred

I have 2.10 installed cleanly on 2.0.2 (40konline.com)

In order to do it, I had to install 2.04, uninstall and then install 2.10 (database changes were not fully correct in the 2.10 install instructions)

there are others who are using 1.7 on 2.0.2 as well
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bobn

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2012, 09:43:45 AM

In order to do it, I had to install 2.04, uninstall and then install 2.10 (database changes were not fully correct in the 2.10 install instructions)

Where can I find the correct version sir?

Kindred

if I recall correctly, 2.10 was a paid version made available by Nao on his website.

but the version for download on the mod site should still work correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

nfh

Quote from: punjabilokvirsa on April 16, 2012, 11:05:57 PM
I don't think this supports replacing with iframes. If it does, please let me know. I need to fix the vimeo regex to replace with their newer "iframe" approach. Thanks.

I was also trying to change the way this mod deals with vimeo links. I did some modifications on both Aeva-sites.php and Subs-aeva-sites.php in order to use the new iframe fashion for embedding vimeo videos.
All you have to do is to replace the vimeo entry on the $sites array with this new code:

array(
'id' => 'vimeo',
'plugin' => 'html',
'pattern' => 'http://(?:www\.|player\.)?vimeo\.com/(?:video/)?(\d{1,12})',
'movie' => '<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/$2?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=ffffff" width="{int:width}" height="{int:height}" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>',
'size' => array(640, 360),
'fix-html-pattern' => '<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/(\d{1,12})[^<>]*?>.*?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="{int:width}" height="{int:height}" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>',
'fix-html-url' => 'http://player.vimeo.com/$1',
'lookup-title' => true,
'lookup-title-skip' => true,
),

Bobn

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2012, 09:43:45 AM

Hi, tried this and even dropped all the old AEVA tables in the DB thinking it may have been conflicting but still get the same gobeldygook.. Anyone offering paid support?

Kindred

ok, your report is lacking details.

gobbledygook is not a valid technical report....
is not working is not a valid technical report...

please indicate the EXACT problem IN DETAIL which you are having? Screen shots are good, if it is something visual.

(dropping the tables will probably require you to do the 2.04 > 2.10 route again)
Слaва
Украинi

Bobn

Got it working with the help of another forumite!  Now,, anyway to import pics from another installation /mgal_data/albums ?

Thanks in advance

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Bobn

I keep getting this error when creating albums, I checked the folders permissions and they are correct.

"This album's directory couldn't be properly created, please make sure mgal_data/ and mgal_data/albums/ are chmodded to 0777 or 0755."

MrPhil

Well, what is "correct"? For SMF to write to a directory (folder), the correct permissions will depend on how your server is set up. They might be 755, 775, 777, or even something else.

Bobn

Quote from: MrPhil on April 25, 2012, 11:49:46 PM
Well, what is "correct"? For SMF to write to a directory (folder), the correct permissions will depend on how your server is set up. They might be 755, 775, 777, or even something else.

I can change those permissions through FTP

MrPhil

Note that many hosts have their servers configured to silently ignore permission changes through FTP. Double check that you actually are changing permissions. If not, use your host's control panel > file manager to change them.

Always start with 755. If SMF/Aeva tells you it can't write to the folder, try 775. As a last resort, 777 (and see if you can change back to 755 when you're done uploading). If none of that works, you'll have to ask your host for suggestions.

Bobn

Quote from: MrPhil on April 26, 2012, 12:21:07 PM
Note that many hosts have their servers configured to silently ignore permission changes through FTP. Double check that you actually are changing permissions. If not, use your host's control panel > file manager to change them.

Always start with 755. If SMF/Aeva tells you it can't write to the folder, try 775. As a last resort, 777 (and see if you can change back to 755 when you're done uploading). If none of that works, you'll have to ask your host for suggestions.

Thank You

Bobn

Changed them through my control panel with the same result.

Kindred

WHICH directories did you change?   You need to go to the mgal_data directory, set THAT ONE *AND* ALL RECURSIVE DIRECTORIES using chmod.
Слaва
Украинi

tsis_k

Quote from: Bobn on April 25, 2012, 08:31:02 PM
I keep getting this error when creating albums, I checked the folders permissions and they are correct.

"This album's directory couldn't be properly created, please make sure mgal_data/ and mgal_data/albums/ are chmodded to 0777 or 0755."

I was getting the same message too but I fixed my data directory path and data directory url and was able to create albums. Double check if your path and url are correct. Good luck.

Advertisement: