General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsis_k

I'm having a problem. Thumbnails from embedded youtube videos are not showing up. I tried both short and long youtube url...still no thumbnails.

I already made change to Subs-Aeva-Sites.php and Aeva-Embed.php

[code=find] 'pattern' => 'http://(?:video\.google\.(?:com|com?\.[a-z]{2}|[a-z]{2})/[^"]*?)?(?:(?:www|[a-z]{2})\.)?youtube\.com/[^"#[]*?(?:&|&|/|\?|;|\%3F|\%2F)(?:video_id=|v(?:/|=|\%3D|\%2F))([\w-]{11})',

Code (replace) Select
'pattern' => 'http://(?:video\.google\.(?:com|com?\.[a-z]{2}|[a-z]{2})/[^"]*?)?(?:(?:www|[a-z]{2})\.)?youtu(?:be\.com/[^"#[]*?(?:&|&|/|\?|;|\%3F|\%2F)(?:video_id=|v(?:/|=|\%3D|\%2F))|\.be/)([\w-]{11})',

XHIBIT911

Hey guys, can someone help me with changing the button name in my menu from "Media", to "Items" ?
Exactly where and how do I start and and get this done without destroying my forum ?

Bobn

Quote from: XHIBIT911 on April 30, 2012, 12:50:02 PM
Hey guys, can someone help me with changing the button name in my menu from "Media", to "Items" ?
Exactly where and how do I start and and get this done without destroying my forum ?

look in modifications.english.php and avea.english.php  Search for "Media" and change it there,, keep a backup

XHIBIT911

Thats a bit vague bro, Ive been searching and finally realized that the path doesnt begin that way ie modifications.english.php nor avea.english.php

If you mean Themes/default/languages/Aeva.english.php  Then I found that one after 40 minutes.
But the first one I have yet to locate

TheListener

Themes/default/languages modifications.english.php is what you are looking for.

:)

XHIBIT911

Yeah...I found the mod.english.php just where ya said.
But I dont see "media" in avea.english.php...the closest thing was 'aeva media' and I dont want to monkey around because thats not what the link button says. It just says media

Kindred

the media text for the button is defined in modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bobn

Im sorry

Here is where I edited mine: forum/Themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php

// Aeva Media extra strings
$txt['aeva_gallery'] = isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Media';
$txt['aeva_home'] = 'Home';
$txt['aeva_unseen'] = 'Unseen';

XHIBIT911

Kindred I think you're right. Ive searched and searched in aeva.english.php and the closest thing I saw was 'aeva media' and not just 'media'.

Also...Bobn bro what version is yours ?
Quote from: Bobn on April 30, 2012, 04:47:22 PM
Im sorry

Here is where I edited mine: forum/Themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php

// Aeva Media extra strings
$txt['aeva_gallery'] = isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Media';
$txt['aeva_home'] = 'Home';
$txt['aeva_unseen'] = 'Unseen';

XHIBIT911

Ok we can mark this one SOLVED with a capitol SOLVED.  It was in the mods.english.php file and a very very simple edit. Well done Guys...hats off !

Bobn

Quote from: XHIBIT911 on April 30, 2012, 04:59:00 PM
Ok we can mark this one SOLVED with a capitol SOLVED.  It was in the mods.english.php file and a very very simple edit. Well done Guys...hats off !
[/quot]

Sorry it took so long, I was at work with the boss man breathing down my neck!   ;D

XHIBIT911

OK guys it looks like this is the final puzzle piece I need solved and my website is done.
I'm having problems creating sub albums, within sub albums. And according to the listed features I should be able to create unlimited sub albums.

Here is an example:

I am trying to list the stores available in PlayStation Home.
However when you click the image for the particular store, more sub albums should be on the next page which would indicate male, female, and the items etc...in some cases even a few more sub albums.

So lets say you clicked on the very first  store image which would be "New and Featured Items"....instead of a page with more sub album options opening, this is all it allows
within that album.

This should be a new page with more album (images) choices. Such as in the PlayStation Home Store that look like this.

Each image is a new sub album option with purchasable items inside the each sub album.

So can someone point me in the right direction of how I can create sub albums, within sub albums, because as mentioned the features listed claim we should be able to do it.

Arantor

How many times have you asked this now? (I seem to recall you even tried to call me French!)

As I told you a month ago, you create the new album then move it to be a sub-album. You do this from the Admin page within the gallery.

As in Media > Admin > Albums. You see the list of albums, then press Move. Then you see the little green arrow that has a bend in it? That one means 'child of'.

Hopefully you won't think I'm such a prick (your words) even though you asked this question weeks ago on two different forums and got the answer then.

XHIBIT911

This will be the second time I have replied to you in this thread regarding this and surprisingly my first reply was deleted. Now how convienent is that ?

Yes I concur i did originally ask this on YOUR website and was attacked by you and another one of your mods for simply posting in the wrong place.
But you failed to mention that I see.
Secondly your initial response there was rude and its not my fault that the site itself is user unfriendly as far as navigation goes.
Just to register I had to answer a question in french.

Moving on, I also seem to have noticed i wasnt the only person who had trouble navigating around your website. In fact quite a few posts all began by saying, Pardon me if this is posted in the wrong place"...so what does that tell you ?

In addition after coming back looking for the post or reply, as i stated the website is so difficult to manuever I didnt find it not even by using search, and when after your 2nd nasty commentary yes I did call you a prick because I have no problem returning disrespect to disrespectful people.

From there out I had no interest in any further insults, neither receiving nor trading them and never returned due to you and your moderators condescending remarks. (Oh and by the way it wasnt just to me either).

Just the way you even came here and replied is indicative of how you speak to people and is basically uncalled for. But thats not my job nor concern to tell a so called grown man how to conduct his business. I'm too busy minding my own.

Thanks for the tip though, and in the future it might aid you to keep in mind that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Now lets see if this reply gets deleted as well.

Arantor

Yes, I railed at you on Aeva's site because you'd already asked (and got multiple replies) on Wedge! Even though Wedge isn't a support site and has nothing to do with SMF, we still answered you. Small wonder I got pissed off that we'd answered you and you just went someone else first!

Xansen

hallo. how can i do redirect from my converted smf gallery album to aeva media album?
link before:
forum.com/gallery/6_15_11_10_9_39_23_0.jpg
link after:
forum.com/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=2284;preview

i have more than 1000 media files needed to redirect:(

babalola olasehinde

pls i really need help here, i have installed this mod and have even uploaded files but the problem is that i can only view the album in the admin arear,pls how do i make my forum members view this also because there is no tab for it in the menu bar even though i have set permission that all regular members should view it. pls help

TheListener

Quote from: babalola olasehinde on May 08, 2012, 10:50:34 PM
pls i really need help here, i have installed this mod and have even uploaded files but the problem is that i can only view the album in the admin arear,pls how do i make my forum members view this also because there is no tab for it in the menu bar even though i have set permission that all regular members should view it. pls help

Were the any errors on installing the mod?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: