News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

@Old Fossil , Kindred and others, very sorry for the delay in reply . on installing the mod on my smf2.0.2 ,i emulate it to SMF 2.0 since the mod is for SMF 2.0 and SMF 2.0.1. and i got this error while  installing.

pls see screenshot

Kindred

well, that explains it....    unless you manually performed that failed bit, the menu item was never added to the menu array in subs.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2012, 02:07:31 PM
well, that explains it....    unless you manually performed that failed bit, the menu item was never added to the menu array in subs.php

thx for the quick reponse ,pls i do i manually performed the failed bit. pls help

Kindred

go to the mod download page, select "parse mod"
find the section which failed
manually edit the file as indicated.

in the future, when you get a failure on the auto-installer, you should take note of what changes fails and manually do them.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

babalola olasehinde

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2012, 02:19:48 PM
go to the mod download page, select "parse mod"
find the section which failed
manually edit the file as indicated.

in the future, when you get a failure on the auto-installer, you should take note of what changes fails and manually do them.

thanks alot for your support and i have done every step as required and the last part i dont seems to get is this

Code
aeva_install.php
This file should be able to execute standalone.
File Operations
Move the included file "Subs-Aeva.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "Subs-Aeva-Admin.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "Subs-Aeva-Sites.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included file "Aeva.english.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "languages/Aeva.french.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "languages/Aeva.french-utf8.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "languages/Aeva.english-utf8.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "languages/Aeva.english_british.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "languages/Aeva.english_british-utf8.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".
Move the included file "expressInstall.swf" to "the root directory".

pls what is expected of me because i am lots here.thx

Kindred

well, if you installed via the package manager, the only part that you have to do manually is the part that failed....  in which case, that section would have been run automatically by the mod package

If you are doing it all manually, then you have to do what those instructions say:
run aeva_install.php and copy the files into the correct directories
Слaва
Украинi

babalola olasehinde

i run it automatic via the package manager and then parse it as instructed in the mod download page but its still not showing in the menu bar.pls what could be wrong

Kindred

then either you have not finished the actual installation or you don't have the permissions set correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

Rust

Quote from: Rivet on April 21, 2012, 05:19:27 PM
I am running this plug in on a 2.0.2 board presently.  I have "Max Embedding Per Post" set to 12 now, but whenever there is more than four, I am seeing the "(Embedding disabled, limit reached)" message starting with the fifth video.

Any ideas on what I should try?  Thank you. :)

Sorry to "bump" this, but its still an issue.  I've set and reset this setting, but after the fourth video, it won't embed.  Even posting as an "Admin".

Any ideas on what to try?  Thank you.

Arantor

That limit seems to be by the video provider, not by Aeva... don't think you can change that.

Rust

Quote from: Arantor on May 10, 2012, 03:20:19 PM
That limit seems to be by the video provider, not by Aeva... don't think you can change that.

Ah, OK.  These were YouTube videos, fwiw.

Rushmead

Hello!

Where can i Find the Main Css File? I have searched and searched! where can i find it?

Arantor

Rushmead

Thanks But i Cannot Find the Recent Pics Div In there?

Thanks Rushmead

Bobn

Well my gallery has been working great till just today. I have 4 albums, one was the main with lots of pics. The other three work fine but my main one throws this error: The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_file

Anyone have any ideas? Im really stuck

Bobn

Anyone have any ideas how I might fix this? It appears the thumbnails are still there, Do I need to do a DB edit?  :'(

FrizzleFried

I can upload single images at a time... but any time I attempt to MASS UPLOAD I get:

QuoteThe Flash upload module sent the following error.

Error type: uploadError
Error ID: file1

Error message: [SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2049"]

I've searched here any seen this mentioned but thus far so solution has been posted that I can find?

Am I missing that one reply with the solution or is this still ongoing?

Arantor

Yay for Flash. Can't be fixed from Aeva's side, it's almost certainly a misconfiguration of your forum.

My guess, the forum's set up to use www.domain.com while the theme is using domain.com or vice versa, link to your forum would confirm whether that's the case.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Arantor on May 20, 2012, 05:52:35 PM
Yay for Flash. Can't be fixed from Aeva's side, it's almost certainly a misconfiguration of your forum.

My guess, the forum's set up to use www.domain.com while the theme is using domain.com or vice versa, link to your forum would confirm whether that's the case.

Private forum but I did check that...

www.aha-forums.com

Arantor

And sure enough that's exactly how it's set up.

The main site is www.domain.com but the theme URLs all point to domain.com. Go into the theme settings and change the main theme URL.

Advertisement: