General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2014, 07:10:05 PM
there are two permissions areas for avea - general pemrissions (in the membergroups permissions settings) and in aeva permissions profiles

Not trying to be a pain in the arse, but neither one of these settings you mention are in Avea or Member-group.
permissions. Been using SMF along time so pretty sure I am looking in the right place. 
I am thinking this program has an issue or issues being its so old maybe it should be removed ?
No permission settings of any kind under Aeva for members.

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

If that is so, then the mod did not fully install for you... I have this running on several sites and it works perfectly on all of them.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on April 22, 2014, 09:41:32 PM
Quote from: Kindred on April 22, 2014, 07:10:05 PM
there are two permissions areas for avea - general pemrissions (in the membergroups permissions settings) and in aeva permissions profiles

Not trying to be a pain in the arse, but neither one of these settings you mention are in Avea or Member-group.
permissions. Been using SMF along time so pretty sure I am looking in the right place. 
I am thinking this program has an issue or issues being its so old maybe it should be removed ?
No permission settings of any kind under Aeva for members.

Do a test UN-install of the mod and see if it indicates any problems in doing so, if there are errors then either it did not install properly the first time or another mod has rearranged something that is causing the problems you are experiencing, my aeva install on a 2.0.7 platform has both of the permissions settings previously described right where they should be...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

SaltedWeb

shows it no uninstalled  no errors :)  there were no errors on the original install either.
Still no settings that just weird.

Under Admin there is two tabs under Misc.

Avea and Aeva Sites. 
They both have settings but nothing to really doing much with what you mentioned.

I'll just create html pages and embed the files I need that way.
I know that will work was hoping to have some thing cool.
I think it has something to do with my 2.0.4 source file that for some reason is not 2.07 on a fresh install.
In fact thats the only other option I can think of.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

MotRude

This mod doesn't work with youtube https links...can this be fixed?

luuuciano

Is bit strange how some support threads remains opened & mods available for download, even with faulty mods, etc... and others are closed
It is a tradition?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Kindred

Motrude, do a search. This has been answered several times.

Luuuciano, I am not sure what you are trying to say, but I explained what is going on with this mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harvester

I have this mod installed on my 2.0.7 site and whenever you click on the "Details" link on an image you get this error:

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home3/jared867/public_html/fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 3657

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.7, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

LadyAngel

I know it's been asked before, but my videos are showing twice on each page. I've gone through the script pages with a fine, tooth comb but can't find anything that's been duplicated. Which file should I be looking at specifically?

Edit: I've just noticed that it's only on my custom theme that I have this problem - it seems to be fine on the default theme.

Kindred

it would seem that you have installed the mod twice into the custom theme's display.template.php file...
Слaва
Украинi

LadyAngel

As far as I can see, there are no edits to any template files, and I've checked to see if I can find some, but can't. :(

Kindred

that is true...   and as pointed out to me...   however, the fact remains that - somehow you have a double installation.
I just have no idea how/why it would trigger on only one theme...
Слaва
Украинi

LadyAngel

I know, I've tried all the file edits to see if any are duplicated, but none are. It's very frustrating! :(

SaltedWeb

I have seen Youtube videos add an extra source in the script.

LadyAngel

Well I was wondering how to edit the files, as Youtube links now start with https and the script won't accept the link until I remove the s from the video link.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Fisch.666

Hi,

i know this mod is not supported anymore but just want to post it anyway.

After updating my server running SMF 2.0.7 with Aeva Media 1.4w to PHP 5.5 i see a lot of those warnings in my logfiles:

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: Sources/Aeva-Embed.php
Line: 378

Doing some research leads to this thread where Nao has posted a fix for Aeva Media 2.10:

http://wedge.org/pub/off/8355/aeva-preg_replace-the-e-modifier-is-deprecated-use-preg_replace_callback/

I wasn't able to test those fixes on 1.4w yet but will post if this is also working for this version in the next few days.

agentblackhat

Are there any alternatives that work? On my forum the urls simply dont turn into the video at all, regardless of the http:// or https://

radu81

sorry for my bad english

stucki

Hi,

its posible to change extension of uploaded media files @Aeva Media? Much like with this mod?

Thanks Filzilla all my media files were destroyed. Because Filzilla has copied the data in automatic mode as ASCII. I would like to prevent this can happen again. I would really appreciate it if there is a solution to the problem.

Advertisement: