General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I have a list of paid mods I want to do. An autoembedder in my own style probably should be on that list (since paid mods provide motivation to add new options)

Jade Elizabeth

If you make it well, I will try it out. Also have it embed audio sites like soundcloud, that would be so awesome.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Isa.F

Hi!

I was using this mod Aeva-Media-1.4w.zip for years without problems in my site, but this week I had to make some changes that involved uninstall and reinstall all the mods including Aeva-Media-1.4w.zip, and I also had to uninstall and reinstall all the forum from fresh...

Since that day,  this mod isn't working anymore... The mod is not to auto-embedding the videos...

I tried to uninstall and reinstall again (and for this I had to delete some tables), but still don't work...

I didn't had any installation errors...

Didn't had any error log on forum...

And I don't have any server error related with this mod..

The auto-embedder is not working in admin account, also not in uhe default theme...

I also check the permissions, everything is ok...

I'm using SMF 2.0.8

Why this mod is not working, despite I had no errors...?

Thank you!  ;)

vkot

Quote from: Kindred on April 21, 2014, 09:34:52 PM
No, the author is no linger developing for smf. Aeva is left here because so many people use it, but there is no development and no support from the author.

However, it works just fine on 2.0.7

Aeva is a great mod, and yes it works on 2.0.7 (though it's not working on my site anymore, maybe I'll write about it later), BUT... what will happen if/when SMF makes a big version changes and Aeva stops working? What will happen to all those people that are dependent on Aeva for their albums? They will lose everything and will be without hope (author disappeared, release of fixes prohibited), or they will have to stay with an old SMF version for ever.

Just my thoughts...
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Arantor

I'm working on a paid gallery, there will be an importer. I realise it's not a perfect solution - but there are always options.

BB13

Is it possible to modify Aeva so it will add nofollow to links?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

And it's possible, sure. Doing it while keeping your sanity? Good luck with that.

Aeva is an interesting code base. It's sufficiently interesting that I felt it better to build a gallery from scratch than to even attempt to fix the bugs I know it has.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BB13

Quotewhy would you ever want to do that?
Hundreds of dofollow youtube videos drags down.

Hundreds of dofollow youtube videos drags down. I hate the idea about nofollow. But i dont see any other reasonable choice.
It's not necessarily Aeva i want, but i want nofollow. Just so i don't need to worry.

Kindred

Worry about what!

Do you think that nofollow improves your seo? It does not...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Given that the links get rewritten when embedded *not to be links* and become Flash or iframes (depending on age of embedding code), nofollow isn't possible anyway.

BB13

QuoteDo you think that nofollow improves your seo?

Absolutely!

QuoteGiven that the links get rewritten when embedded *not to be links* and become Flash or iframes (depending on age of embedding code), nofollow isn't possible anyway.

I have heard that Google does not count links in iframes, but i saw a difference in the serps.

Kindred

Well,  your "absolutely" thought is actually incorrect.

Besides that, however...
Quote from: Arantor on October 03, 2014, 08:58:17 PM
Given that the links get rewritten when embedded *not to be links* and become Flash or iframes (depending on age of embedding code), nofollow isn't possible anyway.
Слaва
Украинi

BB13

I will beg to differ. Knowing how google divides link juice. Makes every external nofollow a preservation of power. And beside that if i link to crap then google will trust my site less. If someone accidentally links to a virus, than my site will be; i googled eyes, a partner in crime.

Arantor

Then you'd be wrong.

HTML 4.01, HTML 5 and XHTML 1.0 do not permit a rel attribute on the iframe element. So there's no legal way to include that by that.

The only thing you could do there would be to <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow"> but that applies to the entire page.

You cannot make externally embedded things into nofollow - because the links are replaced with embed widgets, so there's no links to nofollow in the first place.

As for protecting linkjuice, that's simple: remove posts that link to material you don't want to be linked to. nofollowing does not prevent you actually giving a hoot about the content and it won't magically fix you having bad content linkage.

BB13

QuoteYou cannot make externally embedded things into nofollow - because the links are replaced with embed widgets, so there's no links to nofollow in the first place.
I am not arguing against that. I asked about it because it is not my field of expertise. I trust that you know a lot more about it than i do.

I am arguing for the value of nofollow.
I am just saying that nofollow gives me time to discover the bad links before being punished, for them, by google. Sometimes you don't discover them at all. If so they will just lay there and fester. Plus most spammers are less likely to spam the forum if they know the links are nofollow, unless of course, they are just looking for direct traffic. Those are the worst kind, the malware kind.

Arantor

And how is nofollow relevant to Aeva exactly?

The links are made into videos *before* Google sees them...

Also, unless you're well established - like been around for years - Google won't be discovering your content within hours or days, meaning that you have time to review it anyway.

And actually, nofollow does not help your ranking the way you think it does, and hasn't for years.

BB13

QuoteThe links are made into videos *before* Google sees them...
This is information i like to hear. Thanks for that!

QuoteAlso, unless you're well established - like been around for years - Google won't be discovering your content within hours or days, meaning that you have time to review it anyway.
I plan to become well established, so i see no reason for not planning ahead.

QuoteAnd actually, nofollow does not help your ranking the way you think it does, and hasn't for years.
Of course it does not help me rank, but it helps me avoid being punished. Unless you know that google does not respect nofollow anymore, but that would be the opposite of what Matt Cutts says, and i dont see why he would lie about it.

Arantor

Even so that's still the job of moderators to police content, you can't fix sociological problems with technical solutions.

Advertisement: