General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohan_

its the copyright of this mod :D

there is some easy ways to remove that if the mod author agree
Proud To Be An Indian

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Kindred

you can not...    the copyright is a required part of the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Kindred on August 04, 2009, 05:13:44 PM
As I said earlier, I'm open to being paid for my work in exchange for the removal of copyright, although no one ever chose that solution and I'm clearly not advertising it, because I think I should both be paid and have the copyright, lol.
Seriously, it pains me even more that the YouTube hack no longer works. I'm nearly ashamed of having a copyright notice at this point, lol.

Maybe I'll release a new version with just a "HD" link. Which will do the same as clicking on the HD button inside the video, only it'll resize the video at the same time, since YT doesn't do that (and can't do that) on external embeds.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

tbk22

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 02, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
@tbk> you installed the new version without uninstalling first?
Yes I followed the instructions...

I hadn't updated this mod for like 2 months and  last week i saw there awas a new version ...

So i followed the instructions... first unnistalled the previous version of AEVA i Had and then I installed this one... and now all the videos on my forum are duplicated int he posts... even the ones before the update
=)

Nao 尚

Shouldn't be happening... Try playing with the settings in the admin area.

Robbo_

This mod is fine on any average website but one that has descent traffic will soon see the server get hit pretty bad. This mod makes parse_bbc parse WAY slower and because of that I can't use it and I don't doubt anyone with a descent site would. Time to make my own bbcode tags...

Good mod though, just needs some work on the parsing.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

depth

Quote from: tbk22 on August 04, 2009, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 02, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
@tbk> you installed the new version without uninstalling first?
Yes I followed the instructions...

I hadn't updated this mod for like 2 months and  last week i saw there awas a new version ...

So i followed the instructions... first unnistalled the previous version of AEVA i Had and then I installed this one... and now all the videos on my forum are duplicated int he posts... even the ones before the update

I have the excact same problem and have found no way of correcting it!

Any ideas?

/Christian

RustyBarnacle

tbk22

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 04, 2009, 07:09:06 PM
Shouldn't be happening... Try playing with the settings in the admin area.

Still happening

I remember when I unninstalled my old AEVA it said that the file ModSettings.php failed to unnistal... However I already reinstalled AEVA and deleted any Aeva references from modsettings.php before reinstalling again

And still the same problem happens

Duplicated videos on every post

Any extra file I should check?
=)

Kindred

tbk and depth...

I would say: Go through the mod uninstall by hand. remove all traces of AEVA and then, once it has been completely removed and is no longer displaying at all, try a re-install.

Showing double really indicates that you have duplicate code somewhere.... and since you can't seem to find the duplicate, you should just uninstall completely by hand, making sure to check again for ANY code that is AEVA related.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

REGNARTS_

Great work, first of all.

Just a quick and hopefully simple question for you. For especially youtube HD videos, how do I change the default so that when I embed a youtube video, it defaults to the HQ version if it's available instead of HD or the big widescreen? Thanks in advance.

Nao 尚

mark7144

Quote from: REGNARTS_ on August 06, 2009, 03:27:43 AM
Just a quick and hopefully simple question for you. For especially youtube HD videos, how do I change the default so that when I embed a youtube video, it defaults to the HQ version if it's available instead of HD or the big widescreen? Thanks in advance.
As of this version, I don't think you can have HD videos show as HQ by default... something to do with YouTube messing around with some code Nao was using.

HotJoint

This mod is great but, every video it embeds have a different size, some of them have a huge windows and other ones a little one. How can i set up the same windows size for all the videos?

Thanx in advance

Nao 尚

nay27uk

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 04, 2009, 05:30:13 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 04, 2009, 05:13:44 PM
As I said earlier, I'm open to being paid for my work in exchange for the removal of copyright, although no one ever chose that solution and I'm clearly not advertising it, because I think I should both be paid and have the copyright, lol.
Seriously, it pains me even more that the YouTube hack no longer works. I'm nearly ashamed of having a copyright notice at this point, lol.

Maybe I'll release a new version with just a "HD" link. Which will do the same as clicking on the HD button inside the video, only it'll resize the video at the same time, since YT doesn't do that (and can't do that) on external embeds.

I dont mind leaving it there if its where there are embeded videos but every page including index.php even if your an guest. PLEASE read the first post properly notice it says ON EVERY PAGE WEATHER LOGED IN OR NOT

Nao 尚

Yeah, and please read my original reply properly: "Don't post videos".
As long as you have a video on your page (even if it's hidden, e.g. a portal that loads bodies for the latest posts), you'll have the credit.

Can you tell me why you will accept putting out a credit for SMF, but not for Aeva?
Is it not good enough for you?

Özgür

@Nao i have a strange problem.
Normally Aeva can replace </head> on page, and add swfobject in this section. But in my page don't replace </head> and add swf object code to "<!DOCTYPE html" before lines.
Look at http://www.rockayseri.net/galeri/medya/death-hardly-days-goes-bye/559/
You should see to page source. I don't think this is aeva side bug, however what is your suggest? Why this happeding ? :/
So Long

Advertisement: