General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

[Off Topic]
Adventure seeker on an empty street, 
Just an alley creeper, light on his feet 
A young fighter screaming, with no time for doubt 
With the pain and anger can't see a way out, 
It ain't much I'm asking, I heard him say, 
Gotta find me a future move out of my way, 
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now, 
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now, 

For some years now I've been following not only this topic, but many others across several different websites that deal with this Mod and the other Mods that went into building the versions that currently available and one thing has been painfully obvious for a long time... a few folks love to complain, pick fights and just generally cause trouble, but never seem willing to read up or listen to advice given so that they can learn the true facts about the questions at hand.

They just say... "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now", plus they want it free!

There is no 'Free Lunch'... someone has to do all of the work to make it so that you can eat it for free and then whine about the taste.  ;)
[/Off Topic]
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

GarfieldP

someone always does the dirty work! It is a great mod though. A+

Afro

The price for 2.0 (1X + foxy) remains $20. That is good Nao.

Midnitelove

Quote from: Soms on August 03, 2010, 03:20:56 AM
Quote from: Midnitelove on August 03, 2010, 01:54:49 AM
ETA: I almost forgot I'm having this issue as well.

"1. If I upload an album icon to replace a previous one that previous one is still showing in the album itself and if I try to upload yet another then the icon within the album replicates."

After replacing the icon, you almost always need to clear your cache. You could also press F5 (several times?) to refresh.

Thanks! I noticed it actually changed when I logged back on today. :D
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

sdsi

Just paid and downloaded Aeva Media 2.x from your site. Thanks Nao and good luck! :-)

Nao 尚

Quote from: KahneFan on August 02, 2010, 09:36:30 PM
As to why I would like to disable all together, and I was going to test this until the above happened :-), if ratings are turned off per profile, do the previously rated items lose their stars or do the previously rated items still show ratings? I would like to be able to turn the stars/ratings off to where no one even knows/knew they were there. (same with the comments)
I'm currently working on the ability to disable RSS feeds and User Playlists in AeMe2. Since these were already managed by whether or not Foxy! was enabled, this should be easier than the rest. At least it'll put me on track for the Ratings and Comments feature.
Anything else I should try and see if they can be disabled altogether?

I'm currently using version 1.3a on a default theme 1.1.11. My issue is that whenever I try to paste and image url  in the post box when adding a new pic. I get this error.
This is called remote embedding of pictures. This is only available in AeMe2.

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 03, 2010, 06:38:23 AM
It's very good to read a little of your history, and to read how much you've actually put forth in your time here.
You're welcome. I've been a bit of my usual drama queen though...  ;D

For instance, I realized after posting that long message, that I'd been transfered from the "Consulting Developer" group to the "SMF Friend" group (without any prior knowledge). I'm glad I'm finally in a group where there's no ambiguity as to what I am, and what I'm doing. A developer who has not commit right is just a regular beta tester. And I've been a beta tester for way too long. Here's me wondering if I'm the only SMF Friend who never was a team member in the first place (since that's pretty much the group for ex-team members who resigned from their duties.)
I've done a lot of "firsts" as a non-team member, lol. It's not my first first!

QuoteMost users installing huge mods, do not/cannot comprehend the amount of knowledge and time put into them, and complain when their cries for "more" go unanswered.
Oh, I'm sorta used to that really. I had the same issue back in 1997 when Kyodai Mahjongg was a freeware game. I kept the freeware version (1.21) online, and just made users pay for new code (v2.0 and later). I got some people to complain about it, even though I could have simply given up on the game altogether (dozens of MJ games were made by wannabe programmers who gave up quickly after realizing it was not their thing.)
I did exactly the same thing, the freeware version kept being successful, and the paid-for version became so much more than I could ever have thought of -- I worked on it for nine years after all. Nine years! Up to version 21.42!! Can you imagine how cool Aeva Media v21.42 will be? ;)
Anyway!

QuoteNowhere else will you receive such a code for free afaik.
Even KMJ 1.21 was crappy compared to that. I only worked on it for a few weeks.

QuoteI'm a firm believer in mods being free, but you have provided us with a free version which exceeded the expectations of aevac, and you are now producing what you'd call a pro version, or "paid" as is the preferred term.
I don't want to use the term "Pro". It could cause more confusion with SMF Gallery. Been there, done that! I'd rather confuse people with KMJ version numbers :)

Quotebtw, in all my time here, this is the only mod I've been interested in enough to pay for.
I would even pay for it myself. And I didn't really need a gallery on my site in the first place! ;D

Quote from: Afro on August 03, 2010, 08:07:40 AM
The price for 2.0 (1X + foxy) remains $20. That is good Nao.
To be specific, I consider AeMe2 to be a clearer version of Foxy!, so it's only logical that it's at the same price. I'll be able to tackle all the features I wanted to add to Foxy! but didn't because having separate packages was way too annoying to maintain.
Also, the price is currently set to $20 as a promotion, down from the original 30€ (~$40). It'll be back to a higher price at some point, when all is settled. It won't be $40, though. Probably $30, which is still a good price.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Sabre™

Yeah, I noticed your badge changed early yesterday(my time). It's not my place to mention or ask anything about it, since there are things happening in the private boards that belong only there, unless otherwise mentioned.

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 03, 2010, 12:16:14 PM
..I worked on it for nine years after all. Nine years! Up to version 21.42!! Can you imagine how cool Aeva Media v21.42 will be? ;)
LMAO
I couldn't even begin to imagine how Aeva Media 21.42 would be! lol

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 03, 2010, 12:16:14 PM
... I didn't really need a gallery on my site in the first place! ;D
I don't either. I'm finding that since I have it, I may aswell make the most of it. lol
But I'm glad I have the luxury of selecting the extended features if ever they are needed. :)

Well, that's enough from me, I feel my 2 posts are detracting from the support in this thread, but there's enough non-support posts in this thread to have mine in here too lol ;)
See ya at Noisen whenever I need AeMe2 support.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Kindred

[off-topic]

BTW: No, you are not the only grey badge who was never a team member. There are several who contributed in the early days but were never on the team

[/off-topic]
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Sabre™ on August 03, 2010, 01:21:27 PM
Yeah, I noticed your badge changed early yesterday(my time). It's not my place to mention or ask anything about it, since there are things happening in the private boards that belong only there, unless otherwise mentioned.
Nothing happened (at least recently). I wasn't told about the change. Not that it matters, really. I'm better off in that group, along with other troublemakers like Runic ::)

QuoteI couldn't even begin to imagine how Aeva Media 21.42 would be! lol
I'd be working on implementing voice support to ask AeMe to directly upload your latest 3D photo folder, and automatically tag them based on who shows up in them.

QuoteBut I'm glad I have the luxury of selecting the extended features if ever they are needed. :)
It'll need some work.

@Kindred> That's what I was wondering. Early team members, before the team system was made up.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

deansmar

i am using;
SMF 2.0 RC3
SimplePortal 2.3.2
Aeva Media 1.3a

theme is a default variation of the curve theme

i have searched through the forum and read quite a lot of this thread, but i have not read anything that deals with the Albums Index, so here's my question;

in the Admin side of things under Admin/Aeva Media/index you can set the order of the Albums and move them around up and down into a new position, that seems to work no Problems, but;
when one goes to the Gallery and clicks on Albums (?action=media;sa=vua) the Albums are not sorted according to the settings that were made in Admin/Aeva Media/index rather they are sorted according to there
Album ID (?action=media;sa=album;in=9) in reverse order, in other words Album 1 is at the bottom and Album 9 is at the top....

is there a way to change this around ??

Nao 尚

User albums are sorted by user, there's no way around that.
The album order is only used *inside* a user's list of albums, IIRC.

AeMe2 will add more sorting options, though. Hopefully by the end of the month. But so many things to do, so little time.

Midnitelove

I'm currently using version 1.3a on a default theme 1.1.11. My issue is that whenever I try to paste and image url  in the post box when adding a new pic. I get this error.
This is called remote embedding of pictures. This is only available in AeMe2 quote

Thanks for responding, is that the case with the members being able to comment also?

SMF 2.0 RC3

deansmar

thanks for the answer Nao

but there must be a way to hard code it into one of the PHP's that the order of the Album IDs can be changed around.

if you could point me to the correct PHP i might be able to find it my self and change it..

Nao 尚

@midnitelove> What do you mean?

@deansmar> I think it's in Aeva-Gallery2.php. No guarantees though. I don't have the files right there. (I've been fighting all day with my server... Couldn't work on AeMe, argh >_<)

deansmar

thanks Neo, i'll have a hunt through and see what i come up with..  ;)

Midnitelove

Quote from: Nao 尚 on August 04, 2010, 12:34:09 PM
@midnitelove> What do you mean?

QuoteAlso I've gone over my permissions a few times and I can't figure out why my members can't comment on pics. I have it set for them to read and write. What am I missing?

I was wondering if I had to have AeMe2 for this feature also?

SMF 2.0 RC3

Nao 尚

@deansmar> It's Nao. ::)

@midnitelove> No, no. Comments are in v1. They've been in the software for as long as I've been working on it, I think. The feature was probably even there before I joined the project. You just need to enable the correct permissions in the admin area (don't forget there are two different places for setting permissions -- you need to check both!)

Midnitelove

[quote author=Nao 尚 l

@midnitelove> No, no. Comments are in v1. They've been in the software for as long as I've been working on it, I think. The feature was probably even there before I joined the project. You just need to enable the correct permissions in the admin area (don't forget there are two different places for setting permissions -- you need to check both!)
[/quote]

I finally figured it out. thanks.....

SMF 2.0 RC3

KensonPlays

I get this error with mass Upload:
astro.jpg - Cannot find proper destination on the server, please contact your administrator

The file permissions are 777 for the main folder. I don't know why mass upload isn't working, the directory is correct. :(

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Nao 尚

@midnitelove> The only comments that are in v2 only are album-wide comments.

@Kcmartz> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=304926.msg2727783#msg2727783
QuoteI'm revoking your license to use any of my mods on kcmartz.com until you publicly apologize.

So you're in violation of the license AND you're coming on the mod's topic to ask for help? And again, you're calling yourself a community support HELPER? The only thing you did on this topic was to be insulting to its author. At least twice!

Advertisement: